Need help... You'll probably find this funny

Username: H8inlifeatm

Post Number: 1
IK I'm a dumazz/noob no need for name calling lol

Anyways I just had some comps put in and I was going to set my gain with a DMM and when I was unscrewing the speaker terminal screw I kinda sorta forgot to turn my car off.......... (I'll pull the ADD card on this one.....)

There was a spark and instantly my speakers sounded like sh!t, the best I can describe it as is a harsh, loud, annoying, metalic sound.

I had called my installer just before because only static was coming from my tweeters and I wanted to know where the crossovers where, he said in the door, so after I fu(ked up my speakers I took the car in and was too embarrassed to tell him what really happened and said it just happened when I was driving...
He said he wasn'tsure but sounded like hardcore engine noise, metal touching the RCAs, and now I'm bringing it in Friday for him to look at.

The speakers had the same really loud noise whether the volume was 0 or 20 when connected to the amp.

I'm sure you've all had your laughs, can't say I blame you, but now could you help me?
Is this fixable?
Are the speakers blown?
Will onlinecarstereo.com replace them for me if they're blown, and only a few weeks old?
Will the amp be fine if it still powers on and doesn't go into protection?

Thanks for any help

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13602
no help until u reveal urself...

Post Number: 2
Just a random stranger from CA.com
I knew I'd get hardcore bashed and/or banned so I came here lol

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13605
wats ur ca.com name

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1865
chauncey get on aim dammit LOL lmao

btw you will nevr find out his name muahhh ha aaha

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5559
You most likely damaged the amp.

Post Number: 3
Are names needed? I don't really want anyone to know who I am... I'm really embarrassed enough without the whole internet knowing I suck at life...

LOL just plzzzzz help me!

Post Number: 4
How badly do you think MS?
How can I find out for sure?
Thanks

Post Number: 5
Anyone else?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2739
Polo?

Post Number: 6
Still need help if anyone has any to give
Be greatly appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 2741
Sounds like an RCA/signal problem. Does music play, other than noise you are experiencing?

Pioneer H/U?

Post Number: 7
Yes Pioneer and my sub still works along with the back speakers (stock), just not my comps up front.

Post Number: 8
BTW I cut power from the amp to the speakers and the noise is gone, front speakers just don't have any power and don't play.

Post Number: 9
BTW I cut power from the amp to the speakers and the noise is gone, front speakers just don't have any power and don't play.

Post Number: 10
whoops... my bad on the double post.
Any more help before I go to bed would be awesome
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 183
i bet the amps dead. If you have a DMM measure the speaker terminals on the amp and see if you get any voltage going out. If you blew the speakers chances are that they would at least make some noise as if they were trying to play.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

., North carolina

Post Number: 772
Ray just owned "Ummmmm..." but don't think he knows it yet. LOL

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1257
you're famous at ca.com already :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
The amp still powers on and doesn't go into protect mode, so it's not completely dead.

And more bad news for me... When I rewired my sub to my amp, I had taken out the speaker wires before when the car was off, it plays, but in the background there's this low bass that never goes away, even when a song's not playing...
My battery in the back is used as like a hub for my battery, sub amp and speaker amp power wire. So does that mean I also damaged my sub amp? Still powers on and doesn't go into protection, just like my speaker amp...
And when I turn the car off when the sub speaker wire is connected to the amp there's this loud popping noise, like when when your amp is powering down only a 100 times louder...

So basically... am I fu(ked?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Need some more answers before I take my car in tomorrow to get looked at. Thanks

BTW I saw the thread on CA.com and it was actually pretty funny. I know I'm a huge noob and don't really take life all that seriously, so I can laugh at myself... even when I make big mistakes, like now for instance lol

With that being said I really need some answers on whether my amp(s) and/or comp set is damaged so I can send them in for repair. The amp still powers on so would using a DMM to measure voltage tell me anything Steve?

And the thing I'd really like to know is if it's possible my sub is damaged.
Thanks again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 2752
There is alot going on here for anyone to just be able to give you a correct answer. My advice is just troubleshoot.

Check all wiring. See if the comps play correct off the H/U alone.

I dont know too much about running a 2nd battery in the back but there could be a problem there if its not done right.

You say you have Pioneer H/U...It may be the Pioneer ground issues that some people have.

You may have grounded out the rca's...

There's just too many problems and scenarios to be able to tell without being there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Yea my first idea was to run the comps off the HU and/or a diff amp to see if the speakers are blown or what. So tomorrow I'll do that when I take it in, along with the sub amp... really hope the sub is ok.

Thanks for the help guys and not bashing me, on here neways...

And any more suggestions before tomorrow morning would be appreciated.

I'll let you know what ends up happening... just in case anyone else on here does the same thing in the future...lol...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 3588
the amp should be fine or the speakers would make no noise at all.. you probably just owned your speakers. i'm not sure you can get factory warranty unless you bull$hit to them... like naledge said just troubleshoot... it would be almost impossible for us to know what's wrong without hearing it/seeing it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
K thanks
I'm taking it in Monday now because he was busy today, so I'll let you know what it was.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 211
Did this entire setup work before? I've had some noise and low tones in other setup's I've done for friends (nothing comp or even close to pro) and it usually comes down to a poor ground. Also from my limited experience loud noise with no music coming through on the subs = amp not wired stable. Just my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7542
can i have a link to the thread???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us