OT- PS3 help

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 3547
Hey I don't know how much you all know about troubleshooting my problem, but I've tried calling Playstation, gone through Playstations troubleshooting options online, and done everythign I can imagine possible to try to fix the problem, but I have been able to.

So here's the deal. A few days ago my system was working fine. I played it earlier in the day actually. Anyways, later that night the picture would not show up on the appropriate input channel, nor on any other input channel. I have the HDMI cord for the HD output and the original AV cables that came witht he unit. Because the picture went out I figure it must be my AV cables, because I used to have to plug in both the AV cord and the HDMI to get a picture. So I went and bought an S-Video AV set to use, in case the AV input on my TV was bad, I tried that and it didn't work. So after raging a bit, I took the PS3 up to my friends room and plugged it into his HDTV. With just the HDMI and the sound inputs plugged in the PS3 worked fine.

After all that rambling, I'm basically asking if anyone has any idea why it's not working on my TV? My friend has an Xbox 360 hooked up on the component channels and it works fine, so it can't be my TV's inputs. Other than that, any ideas?

Thanks, homies.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2615
scammer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3549
Thanks for one of your more informative posts on this forum, pitbull. Stick to animal rights, bud.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2442
wait, so your buddy's 360 works on your tv, but not the ps3. and the ps3 works on your buddy's tv, but not yours....

just checkin to see if this is right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3550
Yeah. There are multiple input modes on my TV. There's composite (standard AV cables), S-Video (what I purchased thinking my cables were bad), Component (what his 360 uses), HDMI, VGA (for computer), and VGA component. My PS3 worked on my buddys HDTV with the HDMI cords and the sound cords (red and white).

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1520
Try running the sub in series then bridge the amp.
This should do the trick.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1892
LMFAO Reece just got PWNED hahahahaha great post Zac

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1418
Hook up the PS3 via HDMI to your TV.

When you turn on the PS3 HOLD the power button down for 3-5 secs, it will beep 3 times resetting the display settings.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1419
Also just read yoru above post:

"My PS3 worked on my buddys HDTV with the HDMI cords and the sound cords (red and white)."

HDMI is picture and sound in single cord, so no AV is needed for sound. If you have a reciever you will need an HDMI cable and optical cord as "most" recievers don't split the signal in 2.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2616
"Thanks for one of your more informative posts on this forum, pitbull. Stick to animal rights, bud."

jeez i was just kidding! i just love these exchanges between you and i Sensitive Sally!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7506
press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds... it should reset the system.. try using regular av cables and hdmi cableand try see if its working...

a problem is that u have the resolution too high some tvs dont support high resolutions like 1080p and they will see a blank image.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1422
@Zpeedy

You should only need the HDMI cable as it does both picture and sound, the PS3 will adjust the diplay for the HDMI cable so av shouldn't be needed.......right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3553
Thanks, Mike. Problem solved. Another problem arises though. It looks like the HDMI input on my TV is bad :-(. Bought the TV around 4 months ago and already something wrong. Also thanks for the heads up on the HDMI having sound, I wasn't aware of that.

Pitbull, it just seems to happen alot. To me your jokes seem serious. No problems, though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7507
i was trying to say use both cables if the hdmi wont work switch to the av cables... im running a dvd player via hdmi output the hdmi supports upto 5.1 sorround sound tru the hdmi

Gold Member

Post Number: 7508
maybe the ps3 hdmi output abndwidth is too wide for your tv... try using a lower resolution truegh the hdmi output

Gold Member

Post Number: 3554
No, the HDMI input is bad.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1423
Ahh I see Zpeedy, back up, makes sense!

How is the HDMI bad on your TV??? Does it wiggle...etc or something?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7509
do you have an extra dvi input???

if so buy a hdmi to dvi converter and use the the dvi input and use the audio cords separatly

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1524
NOW DON'T TAKE THIS WRONG GUYS!!!......

(I already understand why this thread in particular was posted here, because theres people here who could help so don't bother telling me)

It sounds like theres a few of you that know a lot about this stuff.
If you guys (who know all about this stuff) helped out in the other sections about these things it would be great. Because then people would start asking even more questions and more people would be attracted to the site because they know they'll get a quick and reliable response.
I'm not asking anyone to post somewhere else, i'm asking if you guys would start using those sections as well so they get better. I don't know much about this stuff or I would try to help as well.

Don't flame me, i'm giving you guys a compliment and saying theres sections that need your expertise to grow.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3556
Word, Zac. Reason I posted here is because I knew of a couple people who would be knowledgable about this who hang in the subwoofer section. It wasn't really a traffic issue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3557
And yeah, Mike, the HDMI input wiggles quite a bit for some reason.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1426
There is no PS3 section :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 3561
Is there anyway around me having to send my TV in?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3562
Like an adapter to plug my HDMI into or something.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7512
yes/// does your tv have an dvi input?

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1427
I would say no, try to take it back if you just bought it. As if the HDMI is loose or faulty there is no quick fix that I can think of.

Zpeedy suggested using HDMI out to DVI so you can still get your Hi-Def, youll just have to use AV cables for sound.

Try ebay as I bought a 50foot HMDI to DVI cable and it cost me $16

Gold Member

Post Number: 7513
you use need an adapter u can get at radioshack or best buy for 20 bucks and use your dvi input instead of your damaged hdmi input.... use your regular r and l av cables for sound or use the optical ouput for cleaner sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3564
is DVI the standard input?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us