Clarion MCD360 Opinions - I want a gold star...

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1636
...for posting in the right forum.

I was wondering if anyone had ever utilized one, and their impression of it. I need to run an active crossover, and someone's got one for sale, locally. $100. Hopefully I can knock 'em down few bills.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5767
never used that one. also im to lazy to look up the specs so link them if you have them. i would just offer him 70 and see what he says. also check out the diyma forum always great deals on stuff like that and they can point you to a good one because many people their use them.

and thanks for posting in the right place.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1638
No problem. Haha

Specs:
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2006/audio/processor/MCD360/us-en-product- pf_1132912143015.html

Thanks, Mat.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5768
looks like a pretty good unit. also looks like you can control your sub fine threw that as long as you run a seperate output from your HU to it for sub. also just make sure it will fit your freq. spectum needs.

when i first went active i got a ppi really nice 4 5 6 way actice xover and it didnt offer the right settings i needed. also look into ppi, pg, and i have a nice memphis that im not useing but arnt selling. i use my premeir 860 right now.

anyway if it will fit your needs tell the guy 75 and see what he says since its local thats the best bet so you can test it.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1643
Good plan. I'll probably be using my a/d/s tweeters. They came with the 245ix component set, and are supposed to be the same ones that get packed with the 3xx series. Apparently, they don't mind lower x-over points. What those points are, I don't know. I got some research to do. Probably be using some MLI-65s for mids. This is gonna be cool.

Thanks again, man.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5771
im not to familiar with those tweets as far as xover points, but i would start them off at 3.5khz with a 12dbslope at low levels and then louder to see how they sound carefully. you will probably be able to cross them lower but that is the point i would start at, then play with differnt freq and slopes but do it at a low level and then gradually get louder incase it is too low for the tweet. you dont want to smoke them.

at first i would also suggest turning off speakers and subs and listen to just the tweets at the begining to get things set to a close point, then add everything and fine tune.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1653
No, I definitely don't want to smoke them. I'm gonna need to figure out a way to bandpass the mids. Hmm. That may be a problem. All it's got is high pass. Damn. If it could low pass at higher frequencies, I could use the NINe.4's high pass, but I think I'm screwed. Unless I've made some sort of oversight. Hopefully.

Thanks for all the advice.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5778
read the manual, on alot of 3way crossovers when you set the tweet high pass it uses that same freq, for the mid "lowpass"

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1654
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/460/957/MCD360,6.pdf

I read it a few times, but didn't find any switches for that. If you could have a look, that would be nice. I might have missed it.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5793
link didnt work for me.

see if it says anything about the high highpass setting the mid bandpass or something like that

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1686
I think I'll email them. It wouldn't make sense not to build it with bandpass capabilities, right? I saw something advising you to set the low-pass for the mids around the same Fq as the high-pass for the tweets, I think.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5803
yes, some people use gaps but that is because of the slope they use maybe 6db+- i would set them at the same point, that is why alot of crossovers the high highpass sets the mid lowpass.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1702
Yeah, I'm hoping. I couldn't find an email address on their site, though. I'll have to phone, tomorrow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us