2 12" Sub suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 98
I'm planning to get a pair of 12" subs and need some suggestions. So far I've narrowed it down to FI Q, Alpine Type R/X, FI SSD, MTX 9500, or any other subs that you guys think can top these within the price range of $500. I also need the subs to be good in a small about 1.o cubic feet sealed. Im planning to give it around 1600watts for both subs. Im looking for sql, something that will get loud but yet sound good.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12768
i only have experience with the type R sealed & in fact i used 1cuft for it when i had mine so i can guaranty u it surprise u how good & loud it sounds .....

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 1005
yes my friend has two 12" R's on about 1200 watts thing gets loud as hell!! hes running it on stock electrical so when he turns it up high his stuff shuts off. not smart but he wont listen

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 452
rs are really popular and qs have great sq depends what u want

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 594
ive heard that q's get extremely loud for the amount of sq they have. ive also been looking for a pair of 12's for a while now and alot of ppl hear are guiding me towards the RE SX supposedly gets really loud yet still has some SQ. but from experience i had kappa perfect 12's that really slammed and would work well in a 1 cubic foot sealed box but idk if the pair could handle 1600 rms.

Silver Member
Username: Alpine97

Paramount, California USA

Post Number: 153
The pair of RE SE's????

Silver Member
Username: Alpine97

Paramount, California USA

Post Number: 154
The RE SX will take about 1,000 to 1,500 RMS........and will get very very loud. Just get on youtube and watch some flex videos..

Bronze Member
Username: Ska

Post Number: 11
get some treo ssi's, you'll be very happy

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 99
Yea i was looking into some RE SX, but like I said, I only have enough space for a 1.0 cubic feet sealed space for each sub. So total is around 1.6 cubic feet. The SX needs a ported box and I doubt I have the space for even 1 12" SX. I'm surprised that no one told me to go with the 12" fi Q sealed? You all dont like Q's or sumthing? As for the Treo SSI's, how big of a box do those need? I know the Type R's are good budget subs and hit hard.

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 101
im using 2 alpine type R's with a Hifonics Brutus Bxi 1606D mono amp....belive me they are a good choice. Each one is rated as a max of 500rms and yet im currently hitting them around 700rms and they have not yet burned out, ripped, or have had any strain on them but pump at full capacity as expected. I dont have much experience with type X alpines but i hear they are also pretty good..so either one id go with personally if i had to do it again. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13574
Q's

nothing else on the list can compare

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1641
I was thinking about a pair of BTL 12s with the extended coils and 3rd magnet. Tune it low. I think I could squeeze in the 15s, though. Hmm.

Bronze Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 80
I have a couple of Diamond Audio D9s if interested

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 897
i used to run two treo ssi 15's and wasnt dissapointed..i ran them on 2k for the pair... 1600w should make some treo ssi 12's sound real good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us