MA audio amps

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 570
any one know what kind of power i can expect out of an MA audio 602sx. it claims 3600 rms @ 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5342
nowhere near that. MA audio = bad

Stop trying to find a powerful amp new for cheap, it ain't going to happen. If such a thing existed you would hear about it.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5343
I paid $500 for my American Bass 3000w amp (great quality and true 3000w rms) used for one day and that was a GREAT deal.......... a new amp will be more than that.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1557
Mark even if that amp did push 3600 RMS @ 1 do you have the electrical to support it

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5346
^^^^ X2, you're looking at $300-$1000 in electrical upgrades if you're running more than ~1000w

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1315
"^^^^ X2, you're looking at $300-$1000 in electrical upgrades if you're running more than ~1000w"

I thought that depended on your amps efficiency?
I'm running ~2000rms @ 13.7-14v no problem at all with only big 3 and spare battery. There are people on this forum that run more than 1k on a stock alt with no $300-1000 electrical upgrades.

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1137
UploadJMO!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1113
Nick x2^^^^^^^

Im running about 1200rms from my saz1500 and i have nearly no voltage drops at all on my stock 105amp alt. I run all 1/0 gauge.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 571
i am going to buy a 200 amp alt no matter what amp i get. now i rum about 2000 rms between my comps 6x9's 8's and 12's and my head lights dont dim that much and i dont even have the big three.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 572
how about a concept cd-2410? will that do rated power? i can get one for 225 shipped.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 576
anyone?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5364
" Im running about 1200rms from my saz1500 and i have nearly no voltage drops at all on my stock 105amp alt. "

It depends somewhat on amplifier efficiency, but you can only push a stock alt so far. A sundown SAZ-1500d is an exceptionally efficient amplifier, one of the exceptions to the general rule........

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 585
my stock alt is 130 amp and i plan to run an orion 2500d plus my kicker zx700.5 off of it until it blows up. then im going to upgrade. what kind of alt should i get though? i want somthing cheap but that will supply the current i need. i am also going to wire everything with 0 ga wire and get a cap for my sub amp if i need to.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5373
Don't do that. Voltage drop = amp clips = damaged subs. If you're going to run 2500w you need the HO alternator.

What vehicle model/year/engine is it.

0 gauge wire is good.

No cap, waste of money.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 722
When manufacturers state something like "105 amp alt", how many amps is it actually doing at idle?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5377
Ususally about half of that, which is usually just enough to run all the cars accessories with little to spare.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 724
Wow, that sucks. Could someone simply put a smaller pully on it and get more power at idle? or would that be hard on the alt and wear it out quick?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5392
You'd have to watch how small a pulley you put on there, you don't want to spin it too fast...... and then you'd need a shorter belt as well. The stock pulley is the size it is for a reason......

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 587
sorry i was out last night and missed your post but i drive a 2000 chrysler 300M (not the one that looks like a bently) it has a high output 3.5L engine. so if i dont have the H/O alt i will clip my amp? wouldnt it just not put out the correct ammount of power? i thought that my alt would just fry after a while of trying to draw all of its current at one time. wouldnt a cap allow me to not need a second battery? im not really good with charging systems because i have never had to upgrade it before so info on this would be very helpful. thanks.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5406
1000w is about the most you can safely run on a stock alternator in most cases.

Cpacitors do not help.

Batteries don't do much either unless you're playing the the engine off such as at comps.

If you're going to run 2500w you need an HO alternator. Trying to run 2500w on a stock alt will cause your amp to clip and fry your subs, and possibly blow the amp, before it damages the alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 481
you run COMPONENTS, 6x9's, 8's and 12'????? lol a lot of overlap i'd say. Unless they are all at different cuttoffs. Cut that back to just your comps and 12's and it'll problably sound better and be louder.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 595
yea i run a lot of stuff. my comps have very poor midbass thats why i bought 8's (plus i got an amazing deal i couldnt pass up and they look really sweet installed in my rear deck) i also usually roll pretty deep and have ppl in the back hence my need for the 6x9's (the 6x9's are also nice when i watch movies on my portable dvd player or play xbox its straight up surround sound) and i love ground pounding bass hence the 12's.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1201
Got a new one... UploadUpload

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1202
Ma Audio ratings are @ 18 volts!

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 690
hahah can they even accept 18 volts

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1582
I am running a 2100.1 mmatts amp on a avalanche. I could tell you yes my lights do dimm stock alt. I've also clipped my XXX to death. Mark there is no such thing as cheap powerful HO/Amp/Sub. If that was the case everyone will own one.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5573
^^^^^ thats what I was trying to say.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7528
17 volts to be specific

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1215
Whoops 17 volts, sorry!!! I thought it was 17+ volts so I just said 18.... either way, you won't get that with stock electrical system!

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1767
Mark, you make no sense. first you don't wanna get alphas cause you don't wanna get the amp to power them, yet now you're looking for ~3000wrms and it seems you're trying to find the cheapest(non existant) way to run it safely....you confuse me.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13630
"I've also clipped my XXX to death"

shame on u..

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 774
theives fyi this is an old thread and i stopped looking at this amp after about 2 seconds cuz i realized it is trash pretty much. i already bought an american bass xd 2000 too and thats the amp i am keeping. and i am most likely going to buy the sx's

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1774
my bad Mark:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us