Loudest Single Sub setup??

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Paramount, California USA

Post Number: 70
Ok guys...I really like what I have heard about the 12" RE SX...do you think one of them would in a ported box would be loud?
What are some other single sub setups that take around 600 RMS that really bang??
I have a 600 watt Infinity Reference 1600a Class D...So what would be the loudest sub that still sounds decent>>>>>>>???

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2316
RE SXs want a little more power than 600rms IMO. They do good off 1000-1500rms.

For 600watts id look at AQ 2.5s, Treo TSx, Alpine R... just to name a few.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Well, what about my infinity amp? Will it pust that ok? It says that it is 894 max, which is prolly at 1 ohm..its a class d, the model number is 1600a reference...its also 600 at 2 ohms....I had 1 type r for my first system and it didnt hit very hard and it was in a 95 civic....

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2319
If you wanna get a new amp and a SX go for it. I was just saying that an SX with your amp probably isnt your best bet.

You can P/M me if your interested in buying a new amp that does in the SX power range...i have a few for sale at good prices.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Yeah I wish I could man, but I dont want to sell this amp jusy yet because I bought it like 5 days ago...I'll prolly just go with 2 JL w3v3...those should pound shouldn't they??

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2320
Yeah i like the W3s, they sound very clean. Also the v3s look nice IMO. Good luck man.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
thanks man...do you think the w3v3 would be louder than the infinity kappas I have now? Thanks

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2322
UHH both sealed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
yeah

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2323
W3s should be a little louder. Its not going to be a huge difference.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Ok, well do you think 2 Eclipse SW7200 would be louder than the JL's??? Sealed

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2324
Honestly man.... with 2 12s sealed and the same power they will all sound about the same as far as SPL. Some might be 1 or 2dB higher but you really wont notice that much. Sq however can be a night and day difference.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
thats cool man, thanks for the input...I don't know what I'll get next...I have the amp, but I guess I'm kinda limited with my options for two subs that are going to be better than my infinities...peace

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
I guess ported box's make a huge difference huh? I always heard they give out sloppier bass...but I guess not

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2325
Yeah ported boxes are the way to go unless you want extremely punchy bass, thats when sealed does its job.

I looked at your profile because i was amazed you had 77 posts and registered this month...haha. I noticed you have a 13.5W7...keep it.

W7>2W3s

its not even close.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Oh yeah man, I will keep that lol...I jusy gave my girl my other old car, 97 camry. I left my old system in there. But since I drive it a lot still I was just wondern what to get next when the 2 infinities go out..Might just get a ported box and those 2 w3v3s i dunno yet tho

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Hey I have another question..does it matter which way I am facing my boxes?? Subs facing the back of the car or up??? Ive seen a mixture of both on youtube...

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2326
Depends on your car...

I only know about SUVs really and they usually are the loudest with subs up and a slot port back or to the side. Just try both and see.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Yeah, I guess I will be doing that tomorrow..I'll let you know if it makes a difference in a 4 dr sedan...that would be the sh!t if it does..layter bro I'm going to crash..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us