Whats the Worst car audio store in your Area

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1818
Worst spot in my area Wholesale Outlet

sells Pyle sony legacy best stuff they got Soundstream and Powerbass

they told me they put the biggest and badest systems in Fredericksburg.....

selling HO alts 600$
said my score 139dbs (bass race style)in my torino was weak.....

guy had 4 12" bs subs in a sealed box the looked like 3 cubes if that total claimed he hit 150 i looked at him like he was stupid

i txd the guy who i bought the amp from and told him the BULL they were tell me

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12333
There's a store in a local farmer's mart that I sell stuff from time to time in. They push all the crap brands. Sony, pyle, pyramid, ect.....

They have two USED Volf subs behind glass in the front of their store. You can't even look at them unless you're serious. Explodes, visonik, you name it, they push it. All mostly used(damaged) and trying to be sold at a premium. I go there on break just for the laughs.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5751
their is some place like a flea market booth or something that advertizes on tv and its like some fat azz guy in underwear and a cape holding some keekers, i would think its lil rob but this guys a gringo

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12335

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2633
we dont really have a place that sells just junk but one spot that just opened up made me wanna laugh so bad. there was a couple of crappy handbuilt boxes in the floor here and there, probably 30 amps, speakers, subs and head units TOTAL including the displays, and a counter with a register. they got literature from hifonics stuff and can order hifonics and some other SUPER mainstream decent stuff...

it was hard to keep a straight face in there with them, there was like $2000 worth of stuff in this entire place and they didnt really know what they were talking about.

the only thing i could really get out of them was if i took my single sub and wired it FROM 2 ohms TO 1 ohm it would be alot better. he assured me that, "we have done it, and it makes it hit alot harder."

from 2 to 1 ohm...

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2634
bwahahahaha, the keekers! ohz noz!

and underwear?!...

vidz?

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2635
oh, and just so you dont think im making fun of this place cause they just opened and dont got chit, well, i didnt go in there for like 3 months after they had opened.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2636
quad post ftmfw?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12337
The store I'm talking about only has 18ga speaker wire. When I asked about better stuff they looked at me like I was Alf lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1312
We have two audio shops here that are completely ignorant.

The owner of one store (It's called "The Audio Shop") has a explorer with 4 15" keeker round subs in a "ported" box that looks about 4-5 cuft total. I asked him what the box was tuned to, he said "I haven't tuned it yet." That gave me my laugh of the day, because my single 15" in a trunk off ~800rms put him to shame.

The other shop here, "G-lows" , doesn't have exactly the brightest people working there either. One of the guys that work there runs 4 10" low end Memphis subs in what he calls a "bandpass box." I'm not even going to begin explaining how it sounded, but needless to say, the guy with the untuned ported box sounded allot better.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2637
man, i was JUST talking about alf today...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5325
Here we've got "Jake's Discount Car Stereo" in two of our flea markets........ they sell pyle, audiobahn, legacy, earthquake, others..........

And the people there know absolutely nothing about car audio AT ALL...... they say they do installations, I'd really like to see one

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1399
there really aint good audio stores in my town.one is ran by 2 old ppl that are worst than noobs.the other one charges prices above msrp.i have 2 drive 2 towns away to get good deals and someone that can tell me about what im getting

Bronze Member
Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 36
All we have here is two pawn shops. The half-way decent one pushes boss, pyramid, jvc and MTX. The other pushes SPL, Volfenhaag, Pyramid, and Fuse. Sometimes get used audiobahn. lol.
Karl's Appliances used to sell "car stereo stuff" (kicker, jvc, eclipse cd players, and pioneer) but made no money and shipped everything they had to Dashboard Electronics in Sioux Falls(90 mi away). They sell Kicker, jvc, eclipse, audiobahn, mb quart and diamond.

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 478
Two near by are stereo king that feeds you bull and wants you to buy their products for hella, they deal mostly with mtx and prefab sub zero boxes. Another is Outrageouse audio which advertises on tv with a low budget commercial focusing on the owner(s) face while he is yelling and talking in a low toned rat voice moving his eyes and mouth crazily like he had done crack and had some bottox injections done to him, talking about first hundred customers get a pair of free tweeters and how cheap his new kenwood decks are for 99$, then when you go there the tweeters are worse than the no named tweeters in the commercial and the kenwood somehow becomes a low end deck or a tape player when you end up going there to see it, while looking (if he's there) like a totaly b.s liar and acting normal and not like in the commercial crackhead.

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 479
lmao i found a link to a commercial they made before.
http://www.fugly.com/videos/7191/outrageous-audio-commercial.html
Prices are so b.s lie. Most likely all items on commercial will be unavailable when you go there and they end up trying to make you pay for another items for retail. Some workers there are cool though i get free 4awg wires from em sometimes.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5048
most og the stores in my area suck.

although i do have a few in my area that sell digital desgins, treo, RE, and Zapco

but as you could imagine they are insanely overpriced.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 982
I don't want to say the name, but it doesn't sound like an audio shop. "... Inovations". The owner used to manage another shop, and he was rude- now that he owns this one he's nice because he hopes I'll buy stuff or refer people. He's lied to me several times, and made obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about half the time. He told me I'd be better running 4g than 1/0 with thousands of watts of power Anyway, I can't say anything about their installs, but I know he's told me enough wrong stuff to lose his credibility. I was actually going to let him touch my truck, but he didn't call me back.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1138
There is a little dump in our indoor swapmart that carries nothing but crap. They have preloaded sub boxes by the name of "Power" It has like a muscle on the cone.. real cheap looking.

Then they carry the asst of Sony and Boss. They have some decent stuff used, but they overcharge like a mofo.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 873
audio kingdom

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 367
We have

Sunset Blvd: it has RF,JL,TMA,Clarion,Alpine,
Solar Control:it has Fusion,MA,Soundstream,Directed,Power Akoustic,
Custom expressions: it has RE,JBL

They all have their weak points.
Sunset blvd has 1 guy in its whole staff who knows his stuff, and the rest just act/think like they know.

Custom expressions build everyone the same ported box no matter the sub.

solar control: the guys who work under the owner will catch your car on fire, they dont wire anything right

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 170
theres a place where if you get a lot of work done there, they will research your car and find out where you live, and just take back everything you bought from them. sneaky lil b@st@rds.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6490
Zac's store(Tinker Toy Customs) in Beloit sucks! Everytime I go in that place I just want to buy things and spend all my money. :-(

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 302
does that make sense? ^^^

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1406
I have in my town:

Walmart- Dual, Pioneer, Sony.

Futureshop- MTX, JVC, Rockford, Pioneer, Sony, Exile, Energy, Clarion.

Andreas Electronics- Keeker, Alpine, Sony, Bassworx.

Custom Car Concept- Fusion...that's all I remember

Auto Sound Plus- Pioneer/Premeir, Soundstream, Dragster, MBQuart, Boston Acoustics, Some Mmats, Sony, JVC.

I get stuff (wire, fuses, some install) from Auto Sound Plus as they are great guys and know their stuff (crazy I know).

Custom Car Concecpt isn't as great, I bought a distrobution blcok from them as Auto Sound was out and the guy tried selling me some Fusion subs (1.000rms I believe) tell me they would beat my Premiers out for SPL and SQ and they were like $400 a piece....I turned that sweet deal down. They have a little hatch back SPL Civic with some 12" Fusions in it (4 I think) and it barely pushes 150db....so they don't know what they are doing at all IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us