Help me! wtf do i do?!?Life Or Jail situation!!

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 471
Ok I got a dui with a reckless driving charge on me 2 years ago. I had a court appointed attorney that was nicknamed Crappy. I pleaded no contest and went to diversion, and if completed I will get the reckless driving charge dropped. I completed it almost a year ago and as i just got home i open the envelope labeled Multnomah County sheriff and inside says dated 1/7/08 "Notice of Arrest Warrant I am subject to arrest by any Oregon peace officer" Description of offense: reckless driving Court-C, under Bail section states: $5,000 And Bail Staus is "W" wtf does the W mean? Someone Help! Wtf am i to do? I have work tommorow and it's my weekend after! How do i clear this up w/o handcuffs put on me and goinf to jail????????????ADFGsdfgafgDFHDFQHQDFHQRFSDVCSAVCGHT#Q%$!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 978
You'll have to call them and most likely drive down to the station for a while. Hopefully you can get things cleared up. See if you can get off work today, if not tomarrow and clear that up QUICK. If you offer yourself up they're nice, you make them get you you'll be in cuffs. They'll still put you in cuffs once you get there, but they won't be azzes normally.
Good luck bro, sorry.

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
In term I will be in jail for some days until court or will they try to clear it up after im in cuffs? Because This crap is their mistake I shouldn't have an warrant, I've finished my parts of the diversion deal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 980
They should deal with it as soon as possible, but I'd do it before friday so you aren't in over the weekend. If you need to you can ask to see the judge and get out on your own word you'll come back for the hearing most times (esp. if you can get someone to go to the court w/ you).

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
How do i see a judge? i don't even know who to talk to besides the courthouse number on the paper.

Silver Member

Post Number: 981
Once you get there they may or may not let you. So wait, does it say you have a court date, or that you should go to a police station.

Silver Member

Post Number: 474
Says Neither just says what i stated before. The words and numbers that mostly Pops out to me are: Description: Reckless Driving, Court:C, Bail: $5,000, Bail Staus : W, Followed by on the bottom " You Are Subject to ARREST without notice By an Oregon peace OFFICER" So Shitty.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6483
Don't worry about it Torn. If you've completed what you were supposed to you'll be fine. Just try to find some proof that you completed the steps they asked you to. If worst comes to worst you'll be locked up for a bit but no worries. You'll get free food, free heat and a rent free place of your own aside from having nasty nate or bubba for a roomie.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 540
don't go in till monday, if they infact do hold u and keep that bail set, u won't be able to get a judge to release u, unless u get bailed out. also contact your lawyer and find out WTF is going on, see if he can call down there and sort it out for u but honestly if it was me, i'd wait till monday to go down there if u ahve to.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3877
^^^^ Agreed, have had plenty of weekend time done, lOl. I have gotten lucky a few times to be sent to the county jail (cook county) and for them to be packed then release you at midnight, no biggie. It is just when you have to wait for the suburbian court house to open on Monday that is a b!tch! Dig up ALL the papers you can find, put them in order and call them, the only REAL person who can quash a warrant is the judge who signed it, or bail papers... Good Luck Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5801
CALL 'CRAPPY' NOW!!!

Don't wait, call.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3879
^^^ Just be warned, call from you cell phone and not home phone because calling from home will result in your @ss being picked up real soon! BTW you can go to court tomorrow morning they will slip you in go to the clerks office ... Polo...

Silver Member

Post Number: 475
Just called they said that the diversion completment and the reckless driving charge hearing was different, to see it i can get it dropped or not after diversion. That's B.S, my attorney told me it would be dropped when diversion is completed. My diversion hearing was around beginning of last year and they said i had the reckless driving hearing on 12/19/07 and they never send me a reminder or told me about it until i called? wtf They say i have to turn myself in. I'm not going to turn myself in during the weekend when the judges are at home eating steak and laughing; they must be joking.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3262
send your girl in to check it out. They wont come after you, unless they got nothing better to do. But if you get pulled over the will hold you till court.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3030
mexico

Silver Member

Post Number: 476
Crappy never responded to the answering machine Message i left. I'm going to turn myself in first thing morning, Supervisor told me too, he said they will probably book me and reschedule my court date and let me go because it's not as bad as theft and jail is crowded and tell them i missed it because i wasn't informed of it.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5044
what you do is round up 5000 dollars and turn yourself in. pay up and then your arrest warrent will be lifted.

my friend is in a similar bind. just because you have an arrest warrent doesnt mean they are going to arrest you right now. it just means if you foul up once more they have the right to throw you in jail. so if i were you pay up and be stresss free.

win the lotto :-)
sorry to hear about your situation though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us