Good Installation?

Silver Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 101
I keep seeing people saying that it has a lot to do with the installs you make to get good performance.

I am doing all the installation myself (building box, hooking up amp etc.) so i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to make a good install to get top notch performance.

I am getting my gains set by my local audio shop so thats covered, if there is anything else i would be very happy if you would share with me.

Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2385
1. make sure teh box you build is sturdy and air tight
2. take care to clean up the wires and do everything right the first time

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
im maing a ported box, so have everything air tight accept the ported section?

Also is it alright to use silicone ont he inside for a better seal?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5277
When people say that they mean mostly that the box be built to proper specs, and be well made.

Also, you need to set your amp settings correctly. Don't let the audio shop do it. If you can build a box you can set a gain control for gosh sake You'd be suprised how many shops will just set it "by ear"

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
k thx M.S

So is silicone alright to use ont he inside for a better seal?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12722
u dont really need to reseal with silicone - if u used enough wood glue & some oozes out u just smoothen it out gently along the joints with ur index finger & that should be airtight enough ...

1 tip is not to use much bass boost (i dont ever touch mine) on ur amp it = distortion easily & causes subs to fry ...make sure u set all ur high & low freqs to suit the speakers\sub correctly too .....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5734
i wouldnt trust an audio shop unless you know they do very good work. one of my friends showed me his new system and said yeah its loud and its only set at 1/3 (done by an audio shop)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5287
^^^^ yeah my point exactly

Bronze Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 20
if you decide to use silicone make sure you let it dry completely before putting your subs anywhere near the box. the fumes can cause the surround to separate from the cone

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
k thx for the input guys, it really has helped me out

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5740
put the wood togather with wood glue then when try and screwed togather use liquid nails to seal all the cracks where the wood meets.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us