Dealing with death....

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 476
i know this is an off topic subject, and i know its an awkward thing to be asked to some. but.

over the past 11 months, 4 kids from my school have committed suicide. my school only has 400 kids in it total since it is a small island. that is 1% of my school gone in one year. for me and everyone i know this is very hard to deal with, one of them was one of my best friends, and another was a very good friend, the other two were kids i have met but not really gotten to know.

my question is, what does everyone do to deal with death in their own way. i just want some ideas that may help me and others through this a little easier.

and again sorry for the heavy topic.

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 100
i deal with death by thinking ahead of time. Right now i would hate to die, it would suck right?

But i have though of this before. As you get older you get more tired (of the world in a general aspect)

IF you have completed the things you wanted in life, got the most out of it, had kids so a part of you will go on, you almost feel like you are done what you fully wanted to do, and i guess in a scense your ready for death.

As for your friends im very sorry, yet i feel suicide is very selfish to your family and loved ones.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3156
My friend killed himself 4 years ago and 6 months after that his cousin got killed in a car wreck.

There is no easy way to deal with it.

R.I.P

MS
KB

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
i agree with your last line alot its very true.
and the rest of your paragraph also.

but what would you do if someone you knew died. how would you deal with it to make it the easiest on you.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 461
My mother died of cancer last summer, and my stepmom who was like a mother to me died a few months later of cancer. It sucks it really does but theres really nothing else to do but move on. I dealt with it in a bad way, i was already a weed smoker but after dealing with these two things i started smoking almost 4 times a day if not more it was just rediculous. I quit weed during the break, and i dont recommend you start smoking weed i am just telling you what happened with me. Just try to hold yourself together, be strong, and just try to stick in there.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3257
Sorry you lost your friends.
everyone deals with it diffrently.
I myself like to remember the good times.
Death is a part of every ones life.
Suicide, Car wreck, fluke accident, heart attack, it happens everyday.

Discussing it with some one who is trained in grief counsoling may help you, if your really upset by it.

In Scotland a while back, A crazy guy killed like 20% of the schools kids.

Getting drunk helps for a while.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1606
Listen to lots of music.

Tha E.N.D., by the Pharcyde is a really cool song. I think that's what I want played at my wake.

"This ain't nothin' but the E.N.D., so follow me into the sun and let your soul be free."

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2637
Sorry about your loss. Dont let it run your life. Just because their life ended, doesnt mean yours did too. So dont stop living. Stay busy doing something you like to do. And dont forget, its always ok to grieve. My cousin commited suicide in 2002. We were very close growing up, then I left the state for a couple of weeks and we lost contact for about a year. Next thing I know he's gone. He had a bad meth habit that I tried to help him with but thats the way it goes sometimes. Like Marc said, try to remember the good times.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12301
Look, the first thing you have to realize is that nobody is superman. You can't always see these thing coming and life usually happens when you're making other plans. Once you're ok with that the road to coping with death becomes easier. Especially with suicide. You also need to be strong enough to comfort the ones around you who may not have it together. If there are young kids they will be extremely confused and will need some honest answers from ppl they trust.

The best way to handle death I see it is to take something from those passed and never let it die. Mannerisms, personalities, habits, ect, all have an impact on ppl who care about them. Even the ppl on here can have a positive impact on others and you may never meet. That's why it's important to remember everything you say or do can/will affect someone else. How would like to be remembered??

There's a good little story as to why I chose my username. My grandfather passed several years ago at the age of 86. He was loyal to his wife, his family, friends and country. He flew single engine prop planes in the war. He was also very good with his hands. He could fix anything and loved doing it. I have the last item he ever made for someone, a rocking chair.

Well my family has said I am the only one left who possesses this talent with tools and craftsmanship, something I owe to him. I loved wandering around his shop as a kid peeking at his latest projects. Well he lives through me now and I'll take that part of me to my grave someday as well. I'm his wingmanalive so to speak and that will never change. I only hope my own kids will pull something from me in just the same way. It truly means eternal life.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2559
My best advice would be to talk about it and deal with it. Definitely don't try to bottle it in or avoid thinking/talking about it, that'll only make it worse in the long run.

Remember the good times for sure. And let it give you new perspective/value on life. Tell the people you love how much you love them. Be thankful for what you have, and kind to others etc. Sounds cheesy but it's true. You or anyone else could go any day (don't mean to sound evil but it's true) so make sure the people you love know that you love and appreciate them.

If it's still tough to deal with, I HIGHLY recommend seeking out professional counseling to talk to someone who can really help you deal with it. I am not ashamed at all to say that i've sought out counseling for a couple different issues in my life, and it has helped tremendously.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2561
Paul that post was from the heart man, brought tears to my eyes (in a good way).

You could live to be 1000 and you'd still be wise beyond your years.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6478
WTF has this forum become, lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12303
Another thing I forgot to mention. I don't cry at funerals. Everyone grieves in their own way. My cousins were balling their eyes out at his funeral, I was rock solid. They think I didn't care. To me it goes beyond what you see on the outside.

My grandfather is looking down for sure on this land, and I'm winking back up at him.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 212
Look, I can break it down to you as real as it gets on loss.

People who know me well know i am from south-side Chicago. I lost freinds and family to gang voilence both in death and in life sentances. I had a freind kill himself also.

They more you think about it and dewel on it the worse it gets. I personally thought -What was life about many times and how can it be so dark.

When people say only the strong survive their not lieing. Strength is in your character and you drive and who you want to be and were you want to go in life. The strength is to walk forward no matter what even when you feel like you cant walk anymore.

I beleive you need to decide who you are inside and were you want to go and how you are going to get there. Once you see it begin your journey. Life is full of great times were you feel like the world is yours for the taking. It also has lows like no other were you feel you can barely breath.

A mans character defines you. How you deal with these lows and the pain and hurt. Personally i worried way to much about things i could not control like family and freinds that depressed me. I had plenty of lows also. But i deal with the pain and hurt with tears and dont allow myself to get stuck for long.

Many of them trips back up to the good times are hard but the longer you wait the harder it is.

Now i deal with things but keep my feet moving. I stay strong for those around me. Move forward for those i lost.

When i would lose people i would slow down and hurt and not get anything done. Now i use this as motivation that everyday is something and that it cant be for nothing.

Be carefull who you hang with because people rub off on you they can add to your depression or hurt you in general. Place yourself around Go-Getters and strong people because that will rub off on you also. Be a role model for the others to show them there is more and there is a brighter day.

So overall i feel there are them days to cry and hurt but then when the storm is over its time to grow from that experience and make yourself stronger.

When someone kills themself they do see a brighter day. They only see the worse. Life is a gift and it is what you create. If you get beat down in life pick yourself up and move on. If its so bad remove yourself from your surroundings and create new surrounds were there are new doors to open.

Sorry for your loss man, keep you head up and stay strong. If you ever want to talk pm me and ill give you my personal numbers so we can talk.

Sometimes in my worst days just listening to the system i have in my vehicle can put a smile on my face or i think of what i have to look forward too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12306
The smell of sawdust does me wonders.

Nice post Steve.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12723
u think about a loved 1 often but u gotta go on living life cuase it can depress u mentally & physically so my advice is not to sit too long thinking about it & march onward keeping urself occupied .....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5732
during high school kids died all the time. car/bike recks, drug over doses, suicide, shot, locked up, raped,(no joke) honestly you just got to understand the world is fucked up place and you just got to live your life to your fullest.

hell i have seen people been shot/shot at and i guess once you just understand and get past it it doesnt affect you. maybe thats a good thing maybe not.

i have been lucky enough to still have my close family.

hell one of my friends has been in coma for the past 4 months from a bike reck, from his own stupidity and yeah it sucks for him but im not going to pity him for his own mistake.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5733
oh and i wouldnt suggest start drinking because i have a friend who is an alcoholic so start working out and running and stuff.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12726
its tragic to see a teen or ppl in their early 20s die from carelessness like drugs or due to auto accident by either speeding or generally driving crazy like a a\hole ...because its the family & friends they leave behind are the 1s who 4ever feel the pain\hurt...

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
thanks i rly appreciate all your help, from everyone. and even though this is just a forum i still feel like whenever i have a question, this place is on my list of places to go to get it answered. and Mat, dont worry i may drink socially, but my real goal is to do well in school and be able to choose the college i want and get a good profession. also to find a school with a good lax team, so i think working out is a very good thing to do to keep myself occupied.

and also i am very sorry for all of you who have lost loved ones too. and i feel like im maturing and starting to be able to move on easier. so thanks

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1607
I don't cry at funerals, either, Paul. I find I don't feel much, until I give myself time to think about it. Can't decide if it's a good thing or not. I'm good at leaving depression and the rest at home, too.

All I do is listen to music and give myself lots of time to just chill and think about the person I knew. Just a way to pay homage, I guess.

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
and the reason i was asking this question now is because the one who was one of my best friends died yesterday around 5. the school wont tell us anything besides that he died, but when the police were called people with scanners heard that he hung himself... he was a seemingly perfectly normal kid.

happy, active, on my swim team, very musically talented, had plenty of friends, had the nicest mother you could meet. i guess it just goes to show that nothing is just skin deep.

its weird i know this is something that im sure has been said in movies, but its true.
it seems like its all a dream and one day im just gonna wake up and he will be here living like nothing has happened. it seems unreal.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1609
That sucks, man. Life is definitely not something to be thrown away. I know a chick who tried to commit suicide. She's cool as hell, and comes across as a really happy person.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
and i forgot who was talking about music but i completely agree with you.
whenever i am down (to a certain extent this is a little different) i always listen to music and it is 100% helpful.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3018
start boxing

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
JK, thats great advice, ive hit stuff since i was a little kid and i dont care what anyone says, that gets rid of any anger i have.

so... this christmas my parents got me a punching bag and a speed bag, i probably already have 10hrs on it and its helped alot. i actually was just hitting it a little while ago.

on top of removing most of the anger i build up in a day, it has saved my walls a bit too lol.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7823
There is no easy way man. I lost my grandpa and aunt to cancer within the past 5 years. It's a common thing to say but the only thing I can tell you is to think of the good times you guys had together. Even remember the bad times you guys had. Thinking of those moments I had with my aunt and grandpa brought tears to my eyes every time but it was tears of joy. I knew they had enjoyed their life and I enjoyed every second I was with each of them. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the loss man. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me bud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
thanks yanks, i really appreciate it man.

and im sorry for your losses too. i cant imagine losing my grandparents. at all. like ive got myself to cry by accident by just trying to imagine being here without them.. but my grandma has alzheimer's and i know its just a matter of time..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12307
There's a very good movie called "Meet Joe Black". I know it's not a very hip movie for you "young guns" lol.

I'm not ashamed to say I love the movie. It can teach you how valuable your time on this blue/green planet can be. Live life to its' fullest as if tomorrow may never come.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12308
Guys don't hate me for this but I like the clip lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2564
good flick Paul. I watched one of my all time favorites the other day, "American Beauty"...really makes you think about how precious and fragile life is.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 837
rip to your friends bro and i'm sorry for you loss.. only advice i can give is try to move on and remmeber the good times.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7827
I was down in Key West over new years and took a video of the last sunset of '07. It was a beautiful site to see. Watching that video just makes me appreciate the smaller things in life that we overlook everyday.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12311
I was in key west years ago myself lol. Saw all kinds of street shows. Fun actually. Then when the sun was about to set over the waters clouds rolled in. It set over the clouds.

We waited hours for nothing.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7829
That sucks Paul. I'll upload my video so you can see it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12312
Oh, as a tease lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7831
Lol. It might be up by this time tomorrow. Taking photobucket a century to upload it lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3020
dude, meet joe black is an awesome movie. one of my favs

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 846
yea paul the video is straight man...i got alot of friends who struggle with drug addictions....and i dont mean the occasional smoking of weed. i got one that when i see him sometimes and the battles he fights within himself and his addiction i feel like someday he may think suicidal if not already.....but you cant really talk to him about shizt like that cuase he trys to act like your crazy and shizt......but he worries me

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12314
Life is beautiful. I wish we all could treat it as such. I'm not excluded in that wish either. We ALL have things we want to do/improve on.

What's everyone's excuse???????

Like a quote from one of my favorite movies: "Get busy living, or get busy dying".

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7834
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u292/y2kmonkey33/?action=view&current=MOV0003 2.flv

There you go Paul. Apparently its impossible to hold the camera still for me

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 750
about a year back my best friend died in a car crash
then a really close friend was so upset and troubled that he killed himself
i dont believe in god, the devil, heaven or hell...or pretty much anything. so for me it makes me really scared of dieing
anyways, i have since gotten two tattoos in their memory
but it is hard to deal with but i understand that i have to move on past the memory of their death but not the memory of them personally

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12316
That was how I remembered it dude! All the boats in the front, action in the back lol.

Did you see a tight rope walker?

How about the bagpipe player?

It was an adventure lol.

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 848
kyle^ dont take this the wrong way..but you need faith in your life.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7836
I did see a tight rope walker lol. I don't remember seeing a bagpipe player though.

Place is wild as hell on New Year's. Kinda rough being 18 and being down there though :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12317
Good stuff lol.....

Everything is pricey as well.....

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2785
if there is no god, how did we get here?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2568
beautiful vid yanks, moments like those become memories for a lifetime :-)

p.s. at 2:13 in the vid i heard you say "red sox"...I knew you secretly liked the sox!! I'm telling LK!!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7840
^^LOL. Some guy had a Red Sox shirt on. Can't hear me say it but I leaned over to my dad and we both called him a f-cking douchebag lol.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5741
yanks the sunset is nice i havnt been to the keys in a while i used to go alot.

and paul sunset down their is awesome, have you been to the sloppy joes in key west

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7841
Yea I went to Sloppy Joes Dope. Watched them drop the Conch shell on top of it. It was pretty awesome being there to see it all. Certainly a different experience.

I got a video of the Conch dropping too

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5744
haha cool

did you see the 5 toed cats and all the cross dressers too

(sh;t my bad for helping jack your thread)

Silver Member

Post Number: 751
j noel i have tried the whole faith thing and i just cant reason logically in my mind the existence of god
but i dont need faith, i have friends and family which help. i understand that everyone has to die sometime so i can be ok with it when someone does die
i mean it is hard for everyone regardless of their religious beliefs and everyone deals with it in their own way and i have found a way that works for me
and blaine, i dont know how we got here, but i think all religions are a blind faith. there is no proof of afterlife or higher beings. just like you choose to believe in it i choose not to.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 979
First off, people love to say how selfish suicide is- and they're wrong. It's the persons life, not yours. Having taken plenty of meds for depression (which I was able to get off of thank god) I fully understand both sides of the arguement. Sometimes the problems that are so big you can't handle life anymore aren't even problems- but some people can't reason their way out of it. Sometimes a person can be in so much pain the only choice is obvious. Calling someone who commits suicide selfish is like being upset at the farmer who shoots his limping blind dog that's always in pain. While you might be upset you can't spend time with the dog anymore or pet it, isn't it better for the dog to be out of it's misery?

People deal with death so many different ways. The emotions remain the same, the sadness, the anger, the regret, all that stuff.
My sister died a few summers ago, my wifes grandfather last year, my little cousin had a 4-wheeler flip on him and the pedal jammed into his brain (with his grandmother having to come outside and find him like that), and my father is dying from cancer. My parents are 70, so I've been to plenty of funerals between their brothers, sisters, cousins and uncles. All you can do is go on. When they died I had to work. I was stuck in MD when my sis got cremated and I never got to go there for the memorial. I wish I had, but I worked that day. I took the afternoon off for the funeral and the viewing of my wifes grandfather, but I had to work those days too. You just deal with it. You talk about it with those involved, joke about it, whatever it takes. I try not to think about it to keep my own spirits up.

Kyle, logically you can't explain life without a creator. Even if everything started with a big bang, where did that matter come from? There's just too much evidence that there is a god to ignore it. Stigmata, the fact people who believe in god do better in surgery and live longer, etc etc. It's your choice. I still don't go to church or believe most of the stuff people say, hell I tried to convince the youth at the church jesus was an alien lol. On another note I don't really believe in heaven, but even if you don't go anywhere atleast you aren't in hell so the only thing to fear is being forgotten.

Silver Member

Post Number: 752
i look at it like this
show me physical proof of the creator, show me the creator in the flesh, and ill believe in him
until then, i am perfectly happy the way i am

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3880
^^^ AGreed, I believe in mankind no need to believe in a ficticious being, waste of resources. Suicide is a tough subject because at that time the mind is weak. In high school I tried several times to kill myself just for the fact I came from an @sshole broke down family and nothing seem to get better. The key thing is not to be alone, you are your own enemy, believe it! I agree to listen to music, good happy sh!t will make you feel better, music alters your mood. If you were to look at my 60 gig Ipod in my car, it has all kinds of music on there, reason being is if I get aggrivated and instead of killing someone else I play something relaxing. I deliver refrigerators all day and have to deal with @sshole customers, my way to vent is to sit in my car for 20 mins bumpin some nasty sh!t to tenderize my body, then I hit the road, relaxes me nicely. Suicide is a mentally challenging thing and a cowards way out. A real person will stick with it, believe that it will get better and move on, find happiness in things/people around you alot to be had.. Once you find this out and can control your additude on life pass it on, show others because you never know you may save someones elses life... JMHO Polo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2575
Kyle you should take a philosophy of religion course if you haven't already. Not because i think you're wrong or anything necessarily, but just cause i am a very rational thinker like you. And after taking the course with an amazing, non-biased teacher, i look at things very differently.

Have you read anything on the cosmological argument or first cause theories? divine attributes? aquinas' 5-ways? REALLY interesting stuff, i can't think of any college level course i've taken that i found more valuable.

for example you said show you physical proof of the creator. Even IF an ultimate creator was behind the start of our existence, it would have had to exist outside of our concepts of space and time in order to put the creation of an entire universe in motion.

without REALLY researching and thinking about all the different theories/evidence/arguments, people make goofy assumptions and conclusions. Again i'm not saying YOU are this way, but i get so annoyed at some of the new young self-proclaimed "atheists" who have never even taken the time to REALLY think about things critically. like they say they are an atheist while picturing a "creator" as some dude with a beard and a wand magically creating planets or some sh!t, so OF COURSE they wouldn't believe in that, it's silly.

at this point in my studies/thoughts i can't say i practice a particular religion, i can't say i definitely believe or disbelieve in god. i do however believe there's more to it than just science. Things like counciousness and objective, universal moral truths are NOT just a product of evolution or cultural conditioning.

just my $.02 anyone who wants to talk about this stuff feel free to pm me or start an OT thread or something, VERY interesting subject to me :-)

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 421
i personally deal with heavy depression so what i do to deal with depression (and sadness) besides meds is workout often and eat well that really helps me out a lot. also helps alot not to give yourself time to think i fill my time as much as i can. good luck bud i know how hard it is had a friend kill themselves when i was in highschool.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5042
Im not trying to be offensive on this one but if your friends decided to commit suicide that shows weak character. i think your friends are stupid may they rest in piece though.

SUICIDE IS TAKING THE P\/SSYS WAY OUT.STUPID FOOLS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 483
yo driving i kinda do take offense to that. thats a pretty d/ck thing to say.
obviously the kid had troubles and didnt feel like there was anyone there for him. and he was a straight A' student in all honors classes so he definitely wasnt stupid..
im just saying that it was his own choice and although it is a permanant solution to a temporary problem, in the mind of a kid there might be no other way to be happy..

just re read your post and think if u would repeat those same words to your mother if her sister/ brother killed themself..

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 238
Death is a hard one! When your mind is messed up from it you do think about stupid things! Go see your doctor!!! He can help!! My dad had some special green butter made for him, when he died there was still 5 6oz bottles left. It is happy happy happy stuff!!! Better than Zanax anyday! ha ha ha sorry! but yes it does help! to get your mind off it and on other things!

Username: Ska

Post Number: 8
Something i do to deal with when the 2 ppl i knew died, is i rode my motorcycle, as fast and as hard as i could. trying to litteraly leave my problems behind, but i realized going 160 on the freeway at 3am wasn't the best thing.

The best thing to do is be honest with your self, and stop trying to "act like a man" and let your feelings go.

once i knew there was no more running i went to the person i knew would sit and listen, my mom, and i gave her a big hug and just fell apart in her arms. Don't take the distructive way out like most ppl do, its not worth it, Listen to your heart and you'll be helped out more than you know.

If you are religious, pray, tell your lord how you feel, it helps alot

Silver Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 239
Faith in God, is another issue you will battle in you mind! I could not understand why take a person who has never hurt anyone, cheated, he worked sun up till sun down to provide for us. He was a goog guy!! Why take him this way!! If he had a job for his and needed him! Take him!! quick!!! not make him suffer and cry like a baby because of the pain 24/7!!! So nYes I am mad and do not understand!! its something that will take time!! Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I am not a religious person, but i have more faith than before because of things i've been going threw, but in your situation ^^^ one way to think about it is, god wanted that man with him, not on this hell we call earth, why take him in pain? because he wanted him so suffer before taking him up to a place where he will be able to do everything and anything he wants...

There is something i just saw at a glance somewhere on this thread, i don't feel like going up to look who said it, but its something along the lines of "suiside is for pussys" or something like that... I do not agree with that at all, The only people that comit suiside are the ones that are so cought up with them selves and are so selfish that they don't care about how what they do affects the ones around them. I feel they deserve to die, and rot in hell, hate me for saying that but if they are that selfish, then they don't deserve people to cry over them, they don't deserve a real funeral. DON'T GET ME WRONG IT IS SAD but only sad because of how selfish and pathetic that person is to do that to everyone else they love...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2604
Suicide is a complex thing man. Do you know what it feels like to be clinically/manicly depressed? Do you know what it's like to be bi-polar? schizophrenic?

obviously not everyone that commits suicide suffers from these conditions, but don't group all these tragic people together and say they're all selfish and weak and sh!t, that's messed up. I think the people you're TRYING to refer to are those who sit around feeling sorry for themselves when they really don't have it that bad, don't do anything to improve their situation, and then commit suicide in a sort of "i'll show them" blaze of glory. THAT is selfish and evil.

MeSo, your situation is tragic man, i feel for you. The only thing I can say is that IMO if there is/was a god, it's not really his choice/intention to cause or prevent evil and pain and suffering. Unfortunately without evil, there can be no true good. Without some pain and sadness, there could be no happiness, joy, satisfaction. It's the same reason why we have free will, a world with evil in it is better than a world without freedom of mind/free will.

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 892
still...you people say..show me flesh of a creator and i will believe...that's why it's called f!ckin faith.....look at it this way

if your right for some crazy reason and then you die and nothing happens then it's all ok...no loss here

but if i'm right and i die i am going to heaven and your going to h3ll.....you loose

but what your trying to say is that you think everything in the world just was here....for no reason at all and nothing to start it....think about it...seriously....i know i dont have the answers and noone does....but i still choose to have faith in god...i dont go to church like i should cause alot of times they are filled with hipocrits but still....i choose to go about relegion in my own way......and with the way the world is today kyle and polo if jesus christ really did come back todya....would anyone believe him or just think he was some crazy old homeless guy.....seriously......if you have no faith then your only gonna believe what you want...even if you had living proof..

Silver Member

Post Number: 992
Shaine, you're very wrong about suicide.
Yes it is weakness, but there are so many complicated reasons behind it (in most people). I took medicine for depression, bipolar disorder, ADD, and a half dozen other things. Most of them never helped unless I took a few weeks worth in one sitting anyway (except adderal got me back from failing highschool). I struggled with suicidal thoughts on a daily basis for YEARS. I still think about it every day, just not so strongly. It's not like I want to, these thoughts just pop in there. Even in my sleep I have dreams of dying and watching myself dead all the time.

Do you have any idea what it's like when you're sitting there rationalizing the benefits of killing yourself for hours every day for YEARS?

If not then you don't understand. I'm too intelligent to do something like that, I was able to think my way out of it, but the depression will never go away for long. It's obvious why this feeling consuming your every thought and action, making it hard to breath or even move would effect a young person. Dude, your arms even get heavy and your chest hurts.

Maybe it's the government. No joke I think the sh!t they're putting in our food is effecting us and our kids. Here's some crap:
http://www.upliftprogram.com/depression_stats.html
- Pre-schoolers are the fastest-growing market for antidepressants. At least four percent of preschoolers -- over a million -- are clinically depressed. [3]
- The rate of increase of depression among children is an astounding 23% p.a. [4]
- Depression will be the second largest killer after heart disease by 2020 -- and studies show depression is a contributory factor to fatal coronary disease. [12]

The gov is trying to thin us out. It's population control- the same reason they won't cure cancer (or release the cure they already have).

Silver Member

Post Number: 993
^ and J Noel, I don't believe in scaring people in to church lol.

"but if i'm right and i die i am going to heaven and your going to h3ll.....you lose"

I met a man who said he was jesus. He WAS a crazy homeless guy high on heroin in baltimore.

People say they want to see god to believe, but that's the point or the test of faith. My parents forced me to go to a baptist church growing up. I would make fun of the people, the hymns, and the religion because I thought how stupid it was.
But then I went away for a week with a church group and realized they were for the most part just good people struggling to get by with their daily lives. People searching for a way to cope with the pains of losing loved ones and other things, and people afraid of the afterlife because their time was near or because of their sinful past. The fact some of them could be so good natured after everything they lost was amazing, while people who grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth could be such azzholes.

It's definitely a strong subject- With as many people who would die for their religion there are people who would die for their lack of one. I've had people argue about religion but no one feels different in the end, just angry at each other.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5059
i re-read my post and i still think suicide is a p\/ssys way out.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2144
lmao dave^ dayum

Gold Member

Post Number: 5073
Monkey man you say that the kid was a str8t A student so that means hes smart??? rofl you couldnt be anymore wrong just b/c your books smart doesnt make you smart. what makes you smart and intelligent is expierence. any who ill tell you who the kid had he has guidance counslers. thats why the school hires them for. ROFL

these days people are babyed to much

Silver Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 243
Others are right about people are babied to much! Our schools and Mental Health Dept are so screwed up!!! It's a wonder we don't have a higher suicide rate than we do now!! I think parents have to take blame when due! I came from Utah where LSD er' I mean LDS was the dominant religion! You have people commiting suicide just because they get pregnant out of wedlock!! Thats messed up!! to know that your parents will hate you and be so disgusted with you for making poor judgements or breaking your promised to God! I could of put that in more detail but if you don't know them you wouldn't understand. I do believe when it comes to Right to life, people wanting to die becuase they are in massive pain!! I think they have the right to do as they feel! and not told by anyone especially our government they cant! end the pain!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
you guys are funny, there is no suchthing as "depression" or "Bi-Polar", if you take a REAL class of phsycolagy or how ever you spell that word, you'll find out that over 90% of men have 75%+ of the symtoms of that "illness" Depression is just an excuse for ppl to take more drugs. Think about it in this country when you have a problem and you go to the doc and they don't know whats wrong what do they do? OH YEA put you on pills, Depression is your mind/conciense(sp) telling you, you need to do something your not, OR stop doing something you know you shouldn't...

You all think that i don't know what im talking about, im sure you thinki im innsensitive about the "problems" of other peoples problems, I know kids with depression, I have been diagnosed with ADD ADHD and "Bi-Polar" i don't take meds, nor do i want to, because when docs give you medications for "bi-Polar" and "Depression" they have to mess with the dosage WHY because there is nothing really wrong and they just have to put you on meds so they can make money DUH

anything that can just be cured with a "PILL" is just fake, unless there is physical proof, not this hormonal imballance sh!t that the docs say you have. I have gone all my life with NO pills for my "problems" and i have gone threw trumendisly hard times but i always did everything i could to help the situation so it would blow over faster. The kids that go threw something hard and sit there and dwel on it do have a problem, its called LAZYNESS if they got out and got active they wouldn't have all these problems

i didn't talk anything about schizophrenic because i know absolutely nothing about it, the only thing i know about that is from the movie "ME Myself and Ireen"

You ppl will snap at me but you know what idc, if you sit and honestly think about it and set away from all the medical BS that our country has put into your brain you'll see that a pill and diagnosis wont fix everything, going out and doing something positive will fix it as much as it can be fixed

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 899
zans always makeme feel better..and fix my problems
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us