Grounding

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 560
well i had ext 4awg so i use them to ground my ext batt so i got 3 4awg and 1 1/0awg i can cut the 3 4awg in hafe so i will have 6 4awg grounds will this be ok? o and i got 1 run of 1/0awg and 1 run of 4awg to the back batt is this an over kill? amp is a sx1250.1. i'm going to be putting a HC2400 back there and two MD2D on it and yes i'm going to be getting a 300 amp alt from EA. i do got a yellow top under the hood right now should i put a HC1400 or HC1800 under there Thanks guys

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 562
bump

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16718
well if your yellowtop is fine right now then don't change it.

also i don't see any problem with the ground you stated up there.

Bronze Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 85
can you say over kill, but more grounds the better in my book, can you get some pics to show off the are over kill

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1494
One 4awg from the alternator to the chassis.
One 4awg from the primary battery to the chassis.
One 4awg from the second battery to the chassis.

That is all you need, especially since ground runs are short distances.

Add all the cabling you want, but the electrons still need to get in single file line ta fit through that fuse haha.

You could use 0awg instead of the 4 though.

BTW, I would recommend using large circuit breakers instead of fuses. Also, remember you must "fuse" each battery added as it is a power source.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 564
ok i got two 200 fuse in the 1/0 run and one 150 fuse in the 4 run to ext batt then grand the as befor said^^. 1/0 going in to the amp and out and i got the big 3 done using 1/0 all i need now is a 300 alt and i should be good o and i got it wong it drops to 13.4 at idel and 14.3 wean driving when its hit

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6474
Zac, for what reasons would it be better to use a circuit breaker? If a breaker "pops" there's a problem with the system correct? So you reset your circuit breaker and it "pops" yet again and you reset again, unless of course you're smart enough to search for a problem in the system during the first instance. Lastly I've heard of instances in which the circuit breaker(s) failed and did not "pop" and a fire had started, these instances weren't exactly in car audio but I'd just like to hear your reasons why you'd run with circuit breakers over fuses. Holla!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us