4 channel eclipse amp

Bronze Member
Username: Gdogg21

Forest Grove, Oregon U.S.A.

Post Number: 11
I am looking to redo some of my system and am looking for a good 4 channel amp and stumbled across this Eclipse EA4100 and wanted to know if it's any good? I have recently bought some Eclipse 6.5" componets that i am going to put in the kick panels of my Wrangler and need a 4 channel amp to power those and some 4x6's that are in my dash. The price is right at about $220, and I would like to stay with all Eclipse. I was wondering if the amp was reliable, and how good the tuning was on it. thanks in advance for any and all help I receive.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5256
That is a good amp.

What you should do though, bridge it to 2 channels and run the components with it. Take out the 4x4 and be surprised how much better it sounds without them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks for your reply, the 6.5's I bought are model number SC8264 and they retail online for around $250.00.. i'm sure they could be found less and I paid about $100 for them shipped. That amp bridged says it does 150x2 and those speakers are rated at 50-100 WRMS... is exceeding the number that small ammount going to matter at all as far as distortion and sound quality go? I mean I know this isn't a competition system.. but I'd like to have as good as quality as i can on a real world budget.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1439
I think that power ratio is about right to get excellent SQ out of a good set of speakers like those.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Ok then that sounds like a plan, now the headunit i'll be using doesn't have an internal amp. So i need an external one now if i don't use the 4x6's in the dash, what's another good small amp to power my 5 1/4's Eclipse 8355 that will be in my soundbar? I think it says they are 30RMs 90 peak.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us