JL Audio vs Others

Username: Typejl

Hopkinton, Iowa United states

Post Number: 1
Here is the deal folks.
I have a friend with a mazdaspeed protege..sedan
he has a 1000/1 JL amp pushing two 10w7's..
the box had both of the 10s next to each other and one square port hole off to the far side.
It was built close to the JL specs.. according to the JL place that made it.
problem is...
i love those subs,and they sounded by far the best ive ever heard. there was no doubt that they hert your ears also.
well i want to have subs that are fricken insane.
keep in mind we are talkin kind of a small trunk here boys..
i have a 96 mazda mx6, and both seats fold down if it matters, sunroof opens all the way as with the windows, which creates a lot of air flow capability,so i think my system would be insane ported.
i want to kind of go with 13w7s maybe, but i heard that they need a whole lot of room, according to other forums, i have no clue..
i had in mind rockford fosgate t1 or t2s also
then i heard about eclipse ..somethings...
and thenthe jl w7 is the best

im looking around spending around 3000 here, considering this kid with the 10w7s spent about 2500 bucks on his system.

I have heard that JLs W7 subs are great.
And i want to have people Outside and Inside the car to say hell ya those things are louder than 2 10w7s.. Like hear me before you see me ive got king kong in the trunk kind of insane here.

Do 2 13w7s put alot more sound and rumble than 2 10w7s...considering the fact i have a small car?
you guys tell me.
What should i do?

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 158
with a budget of 2500-3000 i would look into companies like Sony or Pyle...(jk) you can blow those w7s out of the water tho with that kind of $$$. keep in mind you will need some electrical upgrades to do so tho. subs-look at DD/Fi/Treo/SoundSplinter..etc.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2301
"And i want to have people Outside and Inside the car to say hell ya those things are louder than 2 10w7s.."

Usually not the 1st thing that comes to mind when i hear subs outside of someones car...

Do you want just SPL(loud) or SQL (loud and sounds good)?
Do you have any type of system in your car now? Headunit... speakers ... amps...etc.

Post Number: 2
what do the 13w7s sound like and do you think they would fit in the trunk of my mazda.. keep in mind when i have the windows down and the sunroof back, and seasts down, the trunk is like perfectly vented, there is little to no room in the cab of my car its tiny......would this have and effect on the performance or suggestion of the subs

if this sounds dumb.. then tell me, i have heard a couple types of subs here and there, and i think that JL W7 is the way to go, even looking at forums talking about stats not telling the whole story and that jl w7s will stomp many other sub names out there and bla bla bla....

Please correct me if im wrong.
but i think jl would be in my best interest

Post Number: 3
I want to be able to have the kind that you can hear very far aways and that will shake anything in the cars path, but still be able to go through all the notes and tones quick and smooth

and like you said bout the head unit..
what would be the best head unit to get im not worried about money her

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2302
Post some pics of the car...i dont really know what it looks like. If it has as small of a trunk like you say it does, youll have to stick with a 12 or smaller most likely.

Post Number: 4
you might not be able to reed the tape but you get the idea on how big it is...
the width is 36 ish
height at most is 16.5
depth at bout 36 ish

by the way my car is probably a tad bit smaller in the cab than an eclipse... they are bout the same
actually the mazda mx6 is a lot like a ford probe.. sorry to say

Post Number: 5
how big of a ported box would 2 13w7s need
do you think my trunk can have a box big enough... its at the most
36 inches deep
36 inches wide
16 inches tall
thats 36*35*16=20160
divide that by 12 three times... you get 11.6 cubic feet for the outside of the box... so with 3/4 inch Mdf board it all adds up to a total of 9.7 cubic feet.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16714
you can make that single 13w7 get loud. just build a good box for it. no need to cram 2 in there.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 563
i wish i had that much money in my pockit were is rob wean u need him u should see his DD http://www.putfile.com/th3pwn3r/images/136951
or FI car audio here is my Q http://youtube.com/kingandsons07

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16717
here is what 2 fi audio btl 15s fully loaded can do. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6WawBFDkbU

the sub can be bought from www.ficaraudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 565
www.ddaudio.com
www.reaudio.com
www.usamps.com
www.sundownaudio.com

were to buy low price
www.woofersetc.com

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 41
Well I have a 2001 Lexus Es300, the ones that look like the Toyota Camry. I have a 13w7 jammed in there and with the JL box I have thats fairly big, I had to take out the spare tire first then I slid the box in there and then put the spare back in. You should have no problem, I was looking at the trunk pics on ebay and it would fit. Yeah, they sound phenominal! I don't care what n e one says, the w7 subs are bad AZz. SQL!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us