Could my amp push these speakers?

Username: Mattc90

Post Number: 1
Ive got a Kicker sx1250.1 amp, would it be able to push 2 Solo Baric 12" 4ohm l7's and 1 12" solo baric l7 2 ohm with full power? or would it not get enough power to them...

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1379
Not enough power for sure, one of those amps per sub would be the best bet.

Plus you would have a weird ohm load on that amp. Also, do you mean DUAL 4ohm and DUAL 2ohm?

Post Number: 3
yea theyre dvc..
ive got the amp hooked up the the two dual 4ohm subs right now, and i have a dual 2ohm sub sittin in my room

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1381
You have them hooked up like this?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=4

1ohm load will give you the most power from your amp.

Those subs take 750rms each and you are giving them (if wired @ 1ohm load) 625rms each so you are under powering them.

I would get a 2500.1 (if you stick with Kicker) and that will make your subs come alive. Just set the gain on the amp right and they'll be fine.

Post Number: 4
Yea, thats how theyre wired up.
The birthsheet on my amp says 1470 watts...i thought it would give them enough power, but i guess i was wrong?

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 463
to be honest with ya, i think that amp is perfect for them subwoofers, especially if you don't have electrical upgrades, you don't wanna clip them subs cuz of the high failure rate, so i think you should be perfect

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1383
Well if the birth says 1470 then that's about right for rms for those subs so you are fine running those 2 subs. Hooking up a 3rd is NOT recommended as it produces a weird ohm load.

Post Number: 5
what electrical upgrades?
and what high failure rate?

Post Number: 6
Ok thanks.
If i were to run the 2ohm sub, what amp might you suggest?

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1385
If you run to much over 1,000rms it tends to be really hard on stock batteries and alternators. stock alts tend to put out 80-100amps. My high output alt does 200amps so my system is "more" stable at higher volumes.

The square Kicker subs have been known to rip around the edges, so don't crank the bejeesus out of them as it will distort the signal.

Personally I think you should just stay with 2 subs for now.

Someone else with have to help you with the ohm load as I'm not sure what load it would produce.

Why do you want a 3rd sub? If you want it to be louder have someone on here help you with a new box, I had 2 12" subs and I was giving them 2,000rms and I was hitting 142db and thats pretty damn loud. Since those subs have more surface area than a round sub you should be able to be louder than that.

If interested make a new post asking for a box as a member on here, Woodlawn cabinetry I think, makes boxes on here at REALLY reasonable prices and I have heard nothing but good news about it.

Post Number: 7
hmm ok

What speakers and amp are you using may i ask?

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1387
You can click on my name, shows my gear!

I have...a bit much, lol.

I am going to be building a new box and I have 2 RD Elite SPL's V.2 that are going in! They take 2,500rms each.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us