Wiring pioneer head unit DEH-P690UB

Bronze Member
Username: Bradrgilmann

Post Number: 15
I bought the wiring harness and have a few wires that i am still unsure about. I matched up just about all the colors. IS it okay if I connect the illumination wire or should I disconnect that? Next there is a ground wire and the ground wire from the head unit which is set up to be grounded out so do i just ground out the black wire and tape up the other ground? What is the mute for yellow/black? Do I wire the red ACC to the red 12 volt ignition switch? The last is the system remote control which is blue with a white line. I have an amp and a sub so does the amp remote wire hook up to the blue wire?

Bronze Member
Username: Jonny_b

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 20
Ok Yes its ok to connect your illumination wire but there is really no need to just put a cap on it. for your ground wire coming out of your H.U. just find a good clean metal spot with no paint and ground it there. The Red wire is almost always your 12 volt ignition wire, just connect the two red wires one from you harness the other from your HU. Lastly your remote turn on wire is the blue wire and yes you run it from your HU to your amp same side of where u ran your power wires and opposite side of where u ran the RCA cables. i think that should solve your problems.

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 150
ya forget the illumination, its useless, just the ground , the red wire really connects to th e 12 volts ignition, i also have the p690 and i love it, enjoy the sq of it bro

Bronze Member
Username: Bradrgilmann

Post Number: 17
Thanks a lot it worked great. I love the head unit I'm glad I listened to you guys of which one to buy. I did not run the rca on the opposite side of the car because I did it awhile back and had never heard of that. What is the downside of it? Will it make my sub pop more when I turn the car off?
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jonny_b

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 22
The downside of having your RCA cable run the same side as your power wires is that your subs will pick up some of the noise that is put off by your power wires and when you turn your head lights on, put on the brake, use your windshield wipers you will be getting interference in your sound quality.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5355
^^^^ No it won't. Maybe if you used cheap RCAs, maybe. I've done MANY installations with the power and RCA wires run together and never had a problem. Always using good RCAs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us