NO sound...

Bronze Member
Username: Jonny_b

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 17
i hooked up my wire harness to my HU, connected the ground, plugged in the radio wire, plugged in the harnesses and im not getting any sound. the unit powers up and is functional just no sound. i know that i wired it correctly becuase it is just matching the colored wires. what could my problem be? i do hear a slight crackle in my speakers every now and again but thats it .

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5245
Are you sure it's wired correctly? The color of the wires on the HUs wiring harness does NOT always match the ones on the car.

You can't just match the colors, you have to read the manual for the HU and for the wiring harness, and match the wires by function.

Bronze Member

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 18
that was the first thing i did. i checcked all my wiring and its all correct.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 43
Is this for you 90' mazda protege? If so let me know. I think you need to pull out the HU and double check your wiring. Crackleing noise is not good obviously. There is definatly a negative somewhere. You need to utilize another site to assure that the wiring code is correct.

1990-92 Mazda Protege Stereo Wiring

Constant 12V+ Blue/Red
Switched 12V+ Blue/White
Ground n/a
Illumination Red/Black
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 4" Dash
Left Front (+) Blue
Left Front (-) Blue/White
Right Front (+) Blue/Red
Right Front (-) Blue/Yellow
Rear Speakers 5 1/4" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Blue/Red
Left Rear (-) Blue/Green
Right Rear (+) Blue/White
Right Rear (-) Blue/Green

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 44
Oh yeah, to assure yourself of that wiring diagram go to www.the12volt.com. layter

Silver Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 122
I always use a 9v battery, just touch the speaker wires and that speaker will pop. Does not tell you pos/neg unless you can see the cone move but at least it is wired to that speaker.

Bronze Member

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 19
Im using a wiring harness so i dont need to know what every wire color is, not to mention i already know those by heart. im just gonna say screw it and get a new H.U. any one got one for sale/ give away?

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
You mean you got a bought harness that plugs into the car with labeled wires to hook to the HU? I would still test the speakers with a battery. See if the HU smells funny. Make sure it is not a setting on the HU, or bad ground or something before you take out.

Bronze Member

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 21
Yes i did buy a harness that plugs from the car into the HU. surprisingly enough it does smell funny and it gets really really, like burnt the piss out of my hand hot on the left side. i put my old stocker back in and the speakers work fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
Thats not good, power wire might be the one to get hot but man. Some of the high power HU say run a wire to battery, I never have but different cars use different size wire to HU. Well I never use HU amp either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us