Anyone heard of BOSS?

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 168
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10195_Boss+BV7950.html
Caught my eye cuz its cheap and does a lot. Mainly I want a HU with usb for under $200. Never heard of this brand and it seems too cheap for the functionality it offers. One think I did notice was it uses a 1 bit D/A converter where a kenwood I was looking at uses 24bit, does this really matter?

Username: Zester

Gardena , California

Post Number: 1
ya boss is not bad, thats a pretty good deal plus it has a screen for dvds

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5244
boss sucks, we covered this in your other thread in the sub section.

Yes the DAC does matter somewhat. High quality HUs will use a 24 bit DAC.

Username: Gomach1

Post Number: 6
i have a boss sub, and i want to sell it, but for what it is and how much i paid i guess its not too bad

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
Not saying I'm going to get it, but the DAC for higher quality HU's that also play dvd's on a built in screen is the same as this one on the boss. I'm guessing that it's acceptable to have a DAC of 1 for a dvd player since that's what similar pioneer's have, even though pioneer decks that only play music have a DAC of 24 bit.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1109
Whats the point of a "cool" 3.5" TFT screen anyways? You could get a Jensen fold out 7" screen for about the same price and it would be waaay cooler.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
yeah maybe for the screen alone, not for the cd/dvd/USB HU and a screen.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1110
It has cd/dvd, it's a head unit and the fold screen is it's screen. You seem more interested in the screen then the stuff that matters is all I'm trying to get at.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
hey cheese, I didn't know all that about the jensen 7", I just assumed that was for the screen alone. Do you know any models / links that are as you described?

I am interested in the screen mainly because I plan on using USB input a lot and it would be worthless for me to get a high dollar alpine or pioneer with screen that makes browsing my music difficult.

I just looked at a friend's kenwood x791 he just installed, If the USB display is the same as the 3 line IPOD browsing then something like that would be ok, just not for $250, lol, I hate car audio! i'm broke!

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1111
My friends Panasonic has a thumb drive and it reads like a cd, File:Artist:Song type of stuff. From what I've seen the 690Ub does do.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
Does it display more than one song / folder at a time while browsing?? that's my main concern

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1113
I do not know that specific information.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
how about info on that jensen u said had the 7" screen? I haven't found one for under $300 yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 39
you get what u pay for..

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 40
I use to work at best buy when I was like 19, ans those Jensen fold outs fall apart after 4 months of everyday use...not worth it...spend an extra 2oo bucks and be patient and get a used alpine or a refurb pioneer off ebay. I spent 475 on a refurb eclipse AVN5510 7" TouchSCreen and had have had no problems within the year.

Silver Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 142
its all about premier p690ub, nice sq

Silver Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 143
all about premier p690ub with my ts component speaks, wow you cant go wrong, pure sq

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1120
Well thats what he wants to know. With the 690UB what are you able to see with the thumb drive.

The Jensen is from a local lower line shop I go to for wires and harness's and such. They carry most of the bottm line Kicker andPioneer stuff too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us