Wiring harness, extra wires.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonny_b

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 14
I just connected the wiring harness to my H.U. and i have a few extra wires that i don't know what to do with. one is the remote turn on i connect this to my amp to make it turn on but there is a wire coming out of my H.U. and theres one on the harness, do i connect the harness and the H.U. and then run a connection from those to my amp? the other is for the power antenna, i don't have a power antenna so i just cap this one? other is the illumination dimmer, don't have a wire for this so i cap it too? thanks. i think i got the hang of this just double checkin'

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 14
What kind of HU do you have? The remote wire is blue and yes, that does turn the amp on. If you do not have a PA then that wire is useless, put a crimp cap on the end of it.

Bronze Member

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 15
I have a panasonic qc-df201u. i know the blue wire turns the amp on, my question is do i connect the blue wire to the other blue wire on my wiring harness and then run a wire from there to my amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Crossfired

Post Number: 53
no! From the hu to the amp.

The only wires you need to hook up are , Battery +, Ground-, Acc, illumination(optional), and amp turnOn.

Bronze Member

Kellogg, Idaho U.S.

Post Number: 16
thank you ! thats what i thought
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us