4 12''s or 2 15''s?????????

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 806
ok 4 type r's or 2 15 ''s?? i dont know what 2 15''s u can get for the same price as 4 12 inch alpines?? with the 3100 d mtx amp????

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12707
those 4 12s would sound sick & sweet if u tune it into the low 30s ....

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 16
I had two Type R 15's before the system that I have built up now. Cracked my back windshield seal on my aroura. The lows are phenominal with the 15's of course. 12's are all around good though and 4 12" R's would straight fu(king pound! Good question..Either one really.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 807
so i realy need more info on this guys comeon i know there more people on here who have more info fo rme.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16692
if i was in your shoes, i'd go with 4 12s.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2298
8 10s"

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12717
^ouch my ears r bleeding ! - thats just too damn loud man ......

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12290
16 8's.

/of thread.

I've always wanted to say that lolol.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1343
i say 4 12's if you give them atleast 3 k maybe 4

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2300
"i say 4 12's if you give them atleast 3 k maybe 4"

IMO you dont need to run that much. Although type Rs can handle quite a bit of power, theres really no need to throw that much at um. Give them a solid 2k rms and youll be more than happy.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 808
so jake ud go with 4 12's huh? ok wel now it sgetting a custom box to fit inside the trunk of a 1997 grand prix gt. do u think thatl be posssible? i know it can be. but 2 15's? wudnt they get lower? and if i got a box built for the 4 12's shuld i go seperate boxes for each sub , or go with 1 whoel box? cuz i am thinking right now how the hell wuld i get a bog box in my trunk.. idk if it wil work. let me know if any1 knows

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16726
oh i didn't know it was for a trunk car. i would go with 2 15s then.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12720
thats the problem with multiple subs - getting it to fit !

i dont know how the trunk space is in ur ride but whoever is building ur boxes let them measure it properly ...4 10s would be easier to fit ....

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2307
I never said id run the 4 type R 12s... and now that i know you have a car i def. would not do it. You would be better off getting 2 powerful 12s or 1 powerful 15. Type Rs are nice but they can only do so much.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 811
ok then imthinking 2 15's. but "jake papa" can i get 2 powerefull 12's that cost 300 for both and wil do better than the r's? i wana be hitting atleast 145 with my new setup. and who knows of 2 15's for around lets say 450 that wil get real low and outperform 2 r's by far?? but keep it in the 400 range

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 812
im looking at 2 15" fi bl'a but there a lil over the price. but why can u only gte them in 1 and 2 ohm? an dif u get 2 it sais 1.5 voice coils i thinkk... and if i were to get 2 of them wuld they be abel to be wired into 1 ohm? wut else is better or has better sq? for the same price or less?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3496
32 4 inch midbass drivers...

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1381
hahaha^^

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 814
comeon guys i don twant no 8 10's or 34 4 inch drivers.subs guys either 12's or 15's

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 815
bumppp

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1102
I would think that would be pretty hard to fit 4 12''s in a trunk car. Its not always the best thing to fit the biggest box in your trunk, your trapping it all back there when you do that. If that happens you may hear the rattles more than the bass.

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 120
I got 2 15 mmats pro 3.0 and i loved them, there hooked up to 2 kicker zx 1000.1 and my boxed was tuned to 30 HZ & THEY POUND !!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2641
""i say 4 12's if you give them atleast 3 k maybe 4"

IMO you dont need to run that much. Although type Rs can handle quite a bit of power, theres really no need to throw that much at um. Give them a solid 2k rms and youll be more than happy.""

x2... a solid 2000rms will be awesome. one 12" can get loud on just a couple hundred watts. an alpine on 500rms is more than enough bass for alot of people, maybe not some of us on ecoustics, mainly those people that work in the crappy car audio shops we talk about, but anyway, multiply that by four and your rocking...

more cone area always equals the more boomer...

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 817
wel 4 12's in my car would be hard to put a descent box in there. so i think im gunna go with 2 15's. either fi bl's or sumthing diff but just as good. i just never looked into 15's so i have no clue whats good. for 15's. ive only heard 1 pairof 15's in my life 2 15's mtx 7500 on 2 801d mtx amps in a fiberglass box in an explorer. it hit 141.8 at the comp . wel that just isn't loud enough for me i want atleast 145- 148. wish to get 150 but i hear thats so hard to get. wel idk im gunna look into teh 4 12's but id have to go sealed. and it would be subs facing up. and if i went 2 15's it'd be facing up too with port firing forward. wel i think in my car the trunk wil rattle like crazy with the 4 12's. since theyl be facing up. but how wil the r's sound sealed ? i wish i culd get it ported but i guarantee i don't have enough room to get the box the right dimensions for the recomended space.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12754
the cuft require for 2 12s OR 1 15 is very close but 2 12s sub displacement & port displacement should be more than 1 15 but do check it to make sure cause it doesnt make sense trying to force more woofers in incorrect volume\tuning ....

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 819
yes i know. but i just think 4 12's selaed would be loud as f..ck. but i am pretty sure if i got it ported with teh 4 12's it wouldnt work cuz for a ported box it'd have to be pretty big box and i knwo that wouldnt fit so id have to go sealed. but idk what to do teh 12's or 15's..

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 820
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 97
id go with the 2 15's, if your only looking for extremely loud bass for rap techno etc then go with a ported box and the 15's seeing as how A) you dont exactally have an extremely large amount of room and most likly would be pushing it with the 4 12's packed into a custom box.... but if your looking for some good tight bass, not nearly as loud but a tighter flow for rock and whatever then i guess attempt the 4 12s....or you could just do 3 insted of pushing your luck :-)

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 821
hmm wel i don tliek teh odd number stuff. but i thinnk if i go 3 r's with a custom box thatd be pretty sweet ported. but wuld that be louder sincwe it has more cone area then the 2 15's? and how would i wire that down to 1 ohm? or maybe 4 10's? would that be nice in a ported box? i want sh.t to get low an dloud and clean..

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 822
bumpp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us