Subs for sql

Username: Clevecore

Lakewood, OH USA

Post Number: 1
My names scott i'm from cleveland never posted before but I've been learning from this website for years. So heres the question I have a pioneer GM-5100T 760/2 (yea yea i know its weak) and I'm looking for a sub setup for under 300$ my thoughts now are either bridged RE SE 15" or a adire brahma 15" I'm very open minded as of now. I'm looking for sql. I listen to aaaalot of music (mostly heavy stuff, metalish, some hip hop, acoustic ect.) and its gonna be in the massive trunk of my 98 concord. thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 488
reppin the LH vehicle

Lakewood, OH USA

Post Number: 2
haha hell yea I just did the good old 2.7 to 3.2 swap on it

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 489
should have got the 3.5 high output. thats what came stock im my 300m its a strong motor. i used to have a 3.2 in my intrepid es which was also pretty good but the 3.5 is a little more powerful.

sorry i dont know much about that price range for a single sub or else id help out. But i had 2 12" kappa perfect 12.1's that got loud enough to break the casting on my rearview and they sounded great while doing it.

Lakewood, OH USA

Post Number: 3
Well like I said I'm open minded, I was running two audiobahn 12's in my old car, didn't mind it. But I just want it to be a no hassle setup and i dont want to lose 3/4 of my trunk space. So I was just going to fiberglass one 15. I'm hoping I'll have a Sub(or subs) ordered this week sometime

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 632
both of those subs are great, i would also consider the audioque hdc315 like 280 shipped

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13489
"i would also consider the audioque hdc315 like 280 shipped"

Not if he listens to alot of music..They have poor low end...

Out of the 2 subs...I would take the brahma if its a MKI or MKII...

if not i would look into other subs...

Lakewood, OH USA

Post Number: 4
Yeah it seems to me the adires are tried and true. I've seen some awsome vids of them pounding.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2367
YEAAAAAA CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

get 2 12" RE SE's off ebay for 325 Shipped. Great deal and when you put those in a ported box they WILL SLAMMMM....

but yea if you can find a nice condition Brahma MkII go for that man, again that'll sound clean and slam too!!!

AIM me Caldapal08 if ya want i'm always around, love helpin' a fellow clevelander

Silver Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 183
Hey Scott from clev.welcome to the site.Hope you get all the help you need.I got 2 15s that will work for you.they are d4 ohm so you can rub your amp at 2 ohm streo or 2 ohm by 2 and get the same output as 4ohm bridge i think.anyways,they are mach 5 audio 15s.they only take 2.2 cuft each sealed and are supposedly very sq oriented with some spl.just thought id throw that out to ya to save you some $ and get the wifey off my back.I just bought them on the 1st and gottem on the 4th.they are still in the boxes never used.180shipped

Lakewood, OH USA

Post Number: 5
Ok I just found a gnarly deal for a 15" adire brahma for 280 shipped from some guy in phoenix however it's the MkIV...not the MkI or MkII any opinions?

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 707
That amp is only rated at 380wrms @ 4 ohms. If you are getting any of the subs mentioned, you might want to reconsider a new amp. They are not very good.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 747
that amp does 750wrms? if so it would push a soundsplinter rl-p pretty well. i have installed two of them for my friends. one off a nine.1 and one off an a8000t. off the 1200wats it was a bit louder but lost sq but on 800 it sounded a bit better while still retaining its low end.

Lakewood, OH USA

Post Number: 6
Yea I actually was planning on getting a real amp eventually, I was thinking JL 1000/1 but those are way expencive. My plan was to get the sub, build the box, see how I like it, then if it felt to weak i was going to upgrade my amp. also Adire claims the MkIV can reach max excursion at 400 watts...

Lakewood, OH USA

Post Number: 8
actually I just made up my mind, ordering the adire 2 ohm DVC and run the pioneer at one ohm until it blows and i'll buy a new one. so I'll prob be posting again soon looking for a new amp lol

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 714
Just run it @ 4 ohms bridged. If you run it @ 1 ohm it will just overheat in about 20 seconds and p!ss you off everyday lol.

Definitely get a new amp after you decide you like it, or if you think you need 2 of them or anything.

Lakewood, OH USA

Post Number: 10
haha ok maybe i won't be to mean to the pioneer( maybe i can eventually sell it to some local) but thanks for the help guys 2nd opinions are always good. I bought the sub and i'll be posting pics when its installed.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 715
Cool man. Looking forward to some pics and a review.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us