Setting Gain for my Sub Through a bridged Amp??

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 484
I have a Orion XTR375 powering my 4ohm JL W3v2. There are 2 phase settings and 2 gain settings. The phase settings can be a 0 or 180* for the right phase, or a 0, 180*, or mono for left phase. There are also 2 gains in which to set,a left and a right.

I tried reading the bcae guide to bridging your amp, but to be honest it was a little over my head. I still am not sure how best to set the phase and the gains?

Silver Member

Post Number: 485
Also, what does right/left phase mean, what does it do to the sub and what does it mean to invert the output of a signal/channel?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1562
Check the manual. If you don't have it/are still confused, post pictures of the amps settings and terminals. Maybe someone will have experience with them and save you the hassle, though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
The manual doesnt describe what i want. Im at 0 gain, yet my sub is still hitting, which really doesnt make sense to me.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1566
So you know how to bridge it?
Set the left phase switch to mono, and you can play with the other one later. Not sure what to do with 2 gain controls on a bridged 2 channel. Maybe the right overrides the left when it's bridged, like the phase does. Gain is just an input sensitivity adjustment. On 0, it will drive power to your sub, just not much.

Oh, yeah. Phase. When you get everything set up, try listening to it with the phase switch at 0 degrees. Pay attention to the midbass and how easily you can tell that there are subs behind you. Now flip it to 180 degrees out, and see if it sounds more like the bass is coming from the front of the car. Obviously, you want to leave it wherever the bass sounds more like it's coming from in front of you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
Damn, the seperate gains are what really get me when i tried to set up my amp the most. Anyone know how to set it up?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5230
When using that amp the way you are, both gain controls must be set exactly the same.

I assume you don't have the manual for the amp. Here it is. Page 30-31

http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Support/Manuals/Amplifiers/XTR%20Series/Orion%20XTR 375%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
Ahh, so i can set my gain to whatever i feel like is right, as long as both the right/left are equal?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5303
No. Here is how to set gain controls:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us