Box Build Material

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 159
My first box I ever built cost me about $20, That was after the local shop told me it would cost $130 for them to make me a box. I'm guessing the type of wood they used way far better than the plywood I used, what should I use or does it really make a difference? Something that looks kinda nice would be great so I don't have to put carpet on it, I have been thinking getting it sprayed with rhino liner might look cool.

Any Suggestions would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 474
Use 3/4" MDF $22 for a 49"x97" sheet at most local hardware stores. Rhino Liner does look cool.

Bronze Member
Username: Mdcustoms

Grand Rapids, MI USA

Post Number: 27
If you just want to see the wood you could use birch. That would look pretty good and sound good but it costs $40+ for a 4' x 8' sheet. If you are going to use truck liner then just get a sheet of 3/4" mdf.

www.MDCustomz.com

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12343
Whatever you choose, let it not be this:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/217067.html

I think it was a joke, at least I hope it was lolol.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2639
i laughed when i saw the first reply by chad in there!

but yeah. just as everyone has said in here. birch looks kinda cool and works super duper for boxes.

if you want lighter MDF there is trupan ultra light, its MDF but like 30-40% lighter i believe.

big difference...

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2640
actually, that whole fucking thread was funny...

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 190
LMFAO @ that thread. I'm a newb and about the only thing I knew about making a box was not to use particle board, lol, also flush mount screws... Looks like I got 2 legs up on that kid
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us