To bridge or not to bridge?

Username: Fryedman

Perth, Wa Australia

Post Number: 5
Yes that is the question,
I have an Alpine 3555,
I bridged the two speaker cables ch1/2 ch3/4 then ran them into 2 splitters and then out to 2 tweeters and 2 woofers, output75watts per channel
My question is, if I just run the cables UN bridged Ch1 and Ch2 at 50watts would this be a better configuration, the speakers I have donft have any name or specs and they are about 210mm in diameter, with a big fat magnet hanging deep and low.

Question 2; is there a web page that shows you speakers like that site that shows you amps?? http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Alpine_3555/

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1436
there wouldn't be a significant difference, but most component speakers will perform better with 75w vs 50. However, if you have something better to do with the other two channels (run a small sub for example). There's no reason to to give it a try and see what you like better

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1572
I'd go active. You end up not having the highs riding on the low frequencies, and gain a bunch of extra headroom.

Bronze Member
Username: Fryedman

Perth, Wa Australia

Post Number: 12
Thanks for the reply, as it turns out I have 150 watts bridged and I am running 2 subs and 2 tweeters, the box I made is sealed and not too big 900x300x200hight, would I be better off putting a hole in such a small box or leave it sealed?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1437
1.9 cf is more in line with a single ported sub, not a pair.
If your subs are small and specifically designed for small ported enclosures you might be able to work something out, but you're probably best staying sealed unless you feel like doing a complete enclosure change (and taking up more space). My single 12" enclosure is 2.7cf gross.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us