Why do my lights dimm?

Username: Sugafree

Post Number: 6
i have one yellow top and stock alternator and a farad cap but the lights dim when i turn my system up. do i need another battery or upgrade my alternator? plus my car doesnt start if i leave it sittin there for more than a day. why is that?

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 150
you need to upgrade your alternator and you might aswell take out the cap aswell.

is the yellow top the main battery or is it just in the back cos then you might be draining the two bats because they are different makes.

if your not looking to upgrade the alt then i would say let the battery charge up or like 10mins or more before you go home.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5708
http://glasswolf.net/caraudio/charging.html
get reading

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3240
'Plus my car doesnt start if i leave it sittin there for more than a day. why is that?"

Where is the Remote wire for the amp hooked up? It should shut the amp off when the HU/car is off. If it appears off, use a meter to find what is draining the battery. Also what amp/subs are you using? What size alt do you have? what car is it in? If you have a 2000 watt amp and a 80 amp alt...
You should get 1000-1500 off a 140-160 amp alt ok, if its set up right. good wire, good ground ect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us