What should I go wit

Username: Oscar987

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 1
Hey fellas I own a kicker zr240 amp and 2 ten inch '99 rockford fosgate punch subwoofers in a sealed box.I was wondering if you guys could steer me in a solid direction as far as replacing these subwoofers in the coming weeks. I know many companies and have own many companies in the past and have been somewhat impressed, but I want to try something new. These are my options. Cadence, Kicker, Memphis, MTX, Fusion, Phoenix Gold, Quantum, and Directed. They all are in my price range. Do not focus so much on price range. Focus more on the quality of the materials etc. On that note. What do you guys prefer when it comes to cone materials in terms of sound reproduction. I like aluminum coated polypropylene. What are your thoughts on other materials?

Silver Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 133
i'd say go with the memphis their subs are good quality IMO

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Fi , 2 12 Fi Bls U.s.a

Post Number: 244
i would first go with a bigger amp if it fits the budget.. also what is the budget.. are you looking for a new amp and subs? are you going more for spl or more for sound quality? i like my cones to be strong... titanium is strong and i also like kevlar cones they are solid...

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 2
I have been hearing that alot lately. I have heard some bad things about their amps(mainly memphis belle), but the guy was also trying to sell his own brand of MA audio amps which do not even compare IMO. I have heard a mojo once before and it was great. Of course I am not getting a mojo. Thanks for the input. Have you heard anything about any of the other brands?

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 4
I would like to capture both SQL and SPL maybe a double threat. I would like to go no more than 100 bucks at the most per 10inch sub. I would rather stick with the Kicker amp being I can modify it to produce much more power than it is listed at which is 397rms at 2ohms. It is an older model and it is very strong. I like the RF 10's in their now, but want to change things up a bit. Basically just subs. I have heard the titanium in the RF power series and they hit quite nicely. The Kevlar always sounds good.

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Fi , 2 12 Fi Bls U.s.a

Post Number: 245
so you want 10's again and need to be able to handle 150-200rms... i really havent seen many subs that cant handle only that much so power handling isnt an option but you only want to spend 200 at most for 2 10s?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5761
Take a look at Phoenix Gold RSd 10's.
Amazing lil subs.

Very clean sounding subs. Comparable to subs twice their price.

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 5
well it is a pain in the rear to house two twelves in my jetta because I installed a rear stabilizer bar to stop body flex. It makes the car a little more fun to drive. Anyway. I know so many places to get tens from decent companies for affordable prices. That is why I ask. and 150-200 watts rms is not finite. I can change that two 250 even 300 hundred watts rms with with a little modification to the amp. Those old kicker ZR's are bad as hell amps. They get hot but I have managed to water cool the amp using a system developed from computer cooling.

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 6
I also would like to add to more brands to the mix MB Quart and Boston Acoustics.

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 7
Soundstream also

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1595
I agree with Canaan. The RSD's are very nice. I have not had a problem with them.

Kevin

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 8
anybody have any other opinions about any other subs so far we got the RSD's from PG
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us