Getting some more FI crap

Bronze Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 91
i have one 18 BL right now and a 10001 rockfordpower pushing it. i am getting a car and i want something bigger.

so would buying an other BL 18 and a 10001 rockford be the best way to go? i thought it was but i know there is some guys with great ideas onthis forum.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1265
What car are you getting?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1669
Well if your gettin another 18" BL Id try to sell your Rockford amp and get one amp that will push both of them. Maybe wait for the new AQ 2k amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i am getting a maxima.
and i have thought about that! how much r those AQ 2k amps? do u have a link?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16524
2 18s in a maxima will sound terrible not to mention it probably won't fit.

you should think about doing 2 12s in the trunk. if size is what you want then do 2 15s. but i would stick with 2 12s.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1952
^^x2 18s would require a huge box even if they were sealed and most trunks aren't that big, and I can imagine a maxima trunk is not one of the bigger ones.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 860
I'm with Chad on this one Ben.

I think 2 12's would better suite a trunk of that size.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
heck no i want something big in there. i already measured. i need 16 cube feet of space. i am just going to take out the back seats. it will fit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
but y should it sound bad?

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16528
i am telling you. bigger subs require bigger cars. that is if you want clean sound. but its your choice so good luck with that.

don't forget to post bunch of pics cause i want to see what a pair of 18s look like in a maxima.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
well gosh. . i want something crazy loud. but i didn't think aboutit sounding bad. it sounds good in my blazer but i know its a lot bigger than what i am getting. how bad would it sound do ya think? it is a 4 door maxima if that helps

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1535
Ben, i'm with zac and chad. For 2 18 you need more of a suv. No one is going to be able to tell you how bad its going to sound.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
well... it couldn't sound that bad...
does anyone have that link to the AQ 2k amp?

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16532
benjamin.......first of all, putting a box in where the backseat used to be isn't easy as it seems.

building the platform for it is alot of work and will damage your car. your car will never be back to its original state.

then you have to seal the rear deck to make it air tight. that is alot of work and alot of materials needed. like sound deadening materials. you want the rear deck sealed so you can have the basswaves traveling forward and not escaping in to the trunk. you will lose alot of output and sound quality like that.

if you really have your mind set on putting 2 18s behind your head, you mind as well wall those b!tches. then it will be insanely loud and if done right, will sound clean.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 150
A Friend of mine had 2 18"s in the trunk of his car(VW something, small trunk imo) in a ported box. I only heard a few test songs on it but my 2 12"s sounded better and louder. These are my reasons for why it sounded not so good:
1: The sealed box for my 12"s looked like it had more volume than the ported box he had the 18"s in.
2: He got the subs from salesco.com a long time ago, they were a brand I have never heard of.
3: Small kenwood amp. Kenwood may be good but this amp was 1000w Peak, no idea what rms was, but my guess is he needed more like 1000w rms.

As for #2 and #3 above you shouldn't have a problem there, I assume you have a great amp and those Fi's are much much better quality than whatever he had. #1, I wanna see it when it's done, especially after you take out you back seats :-)

BTW a cousin of mine had 1 18" in his SUV, if i had to guess i would say his box was around 6 - 8 cu ft, and it had 2 massive ports. It was hard to breathe with that 18" wangin, I remember it felt like the air was being sucked out of my lungs when the bass hit. That right there convinced me that the box makes all the difference.

I was jealous for a long time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
i was thinking of making the box he like half in the trunk and half were the back seats were at.

i understand what ur saying now. this is a lot to think about. . so r u guys saying that i should sell my 18?
chad ur pretty sharp

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1612
yeah chad is the man around here. I would sell it and put 2 12's or a single 15 in it. 2 18's is overkill and will defiantly sound bad.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16537
thanks guys. lol. :-)

its just i have tried all those things in my accord. i had 1 18 and 2 15s where the backseat used to be. it doesn't compare to the sound i am getting from 2 12s in the trunk. the 2 12s in the trunk sounds much better. i can't say louder cause when i had 2 15s where the backseat used to be, i had 8000wrms. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
^^ chad: Accord eh?

I have a 97 accord with 2 12's in the trunk, have you tried 1 15"? That's what im upgrading to, wondered what you thought.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
guess that one didn't post. this is how its set up now. i just don't want anything less whan what i have now in this car. and i have money to spend. i know 2 12s wont be as loud as the 18 i have in my blazer. gosh. i just don't know.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6728015
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6576361
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6576356
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6576346

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16538
that looks nice. looks loud man. great install.

chris i am thinking of a single 15. not gonna mention what yet. but either 2 12 sealed or 1 15 ported. never had 15s in my trunk so i couldn't tell you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
hey chad do u have aim or msn or something?

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Chad - not sure what your looking for, but heres what i got on the way for a Quality, not spl setup: Kicker Kx1200.1 + Fi.Q 15", I plan on making a ported box tuned to 32Hz, although im not too sure on how to tune the port yet, ill make another thread when it comes time to build the box.

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16540
that system will sound clean. good luck with everything.

i'll let you in a little secret. i am thinking of 2 subs if i decide to go the 1 15ported route.

mag 15 or i might just say fukkk it and get the dd 9115.

benjamin my aim is sqistheonlyway.

i am on in the evenings only.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
alright ill try to get a hold of ya
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us