Help what do i need?

Bronze Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 89
i am getting a new car soon and i have one 1000/1 rockford power amp running my 18inch fi BL.

what i am going to do it take out the back seats of the car i am getting and get 2 18s.
so ill buy an other rockford 1000/1 power amp.

what will i need? like to power both amps?

if there is anything different or u guys have better ideas let me know.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 206
ahh get a HO alt, big 3 and maybe a batt in the back

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3599
you'll also need to run atleast a single run of 0ga. with a dist block for 0ga in, 2 4ga out. Fit the largest battery you can up front so you won't need an extra in the rear.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5211
^^^^ exactly. That and an HO alternator.

Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 1
To do this, you need to get a capasitor, this builds and stores power for things that require sudden voltage. if you run dual amps, you have to have it or you'll burn up the alternator and kill the battary! This will illuminate the need for a second battery. You wire it in line on the power wire. Use 0Ga power wire because of the power demands. for a ground wire, for those amps, i reccomend a 6Ga wire. If the amp(s) are not grounded properly, they will get hot and shut down. Capacitors start at about $30.00 Dollars (US Dollars) and go up. You can order them online or find them at a car audio store.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 216
^^^^ dude learn sumin be4 you start posting dumb ideas, benjamin do not listen to zach fo 1 a cap sucks b8lls and do not work, 2 even if they did work lik they supposed too it still wouldnt work, your gonna be runnin a lil over 2000 wats prob so you NEED A HO ALT AND PROBABLY A BATTERY!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5378
Don't listen to that guy caps don't help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us