Eclipse

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 638
ok i have heard everyone on this forum talk about these and now that my pioneers went to crap im lookigat getting a new hu which eclipse would be best to upgrade i have the 5900ib pioneer i think the ground on the intenalamps fried so sendig it in to get serviced

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3098
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7463_Eclipse+CD4000.html

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 640
thanks joey i was looking at this one at circuit city and it was 199 almost got it but glad i waited also has anyone had this problem with there pionneer

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 448
eclipse is nice but make sure your amp can accept at least 5 volt pre outs or else you will over drive your amp and cause clipping.

I still dont understand the point of having preouts this high, i mean i know it helps reduce noise and requires less amping and provides a cleaner signal but not many amps can even accept that high of preouts, and the 16 volt hu, thats just stupid. seriously tho what amp will accept 16 volt preouts.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5132
Eclipse HUs are very nice. You may also want to look into Alpine.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 955
A guy who worked at CC with me bought their best double din, set him back almost 2k. 2 months later I saw him and asked how he liked it, and he told me he was getting something else. Some problems with the I-pod interface and GPS. For the most part they have some really solid equipment, but I sort of lean towards Alpine for h/us. Call me oldschool, but I like how their layout hasn't really changed since the days of the tape deck :-)

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 641
what alpine would you all recomended me

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5659

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1606
I love alpine HUs and until I get screwed over by one I will stay with them.

I had the 9835 and it was a great unit. Dont know if you could find one but I bet they are going pretty cheap. I dont know anything about the newer ones.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5154
IMO with Alpine HUs you get more for the $. Eclipse are expensive, but their double DIN and flip out screen units are f'n sweet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us