After Install...

Bronze Member
Username: Sportquest

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 16
I just had some subs and a amp installed in my car, everything powers up just fine, but i noticed tonight when i went for a drive that some of the stuff that should be lit up wasnt, i noticed a couple of things, my ac/heat control knobs, etc and
my gas hand, any thoughts??? before they were working

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1084
Some wires may have touched togeather or to some metal. Try checking the fuses in the fuse pannel.

Bronze Member

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 17
ok Sinful, I'll check them in the morning, Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 177
Yep i would bet he is right. if the yellow or red wires touch a ground then the fuse is gone. Does your door chime still work?

Bronze Member

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 18
my door doesnt chime, the car "beeps" when the key is in the ignition, but yeah, it still works

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5128
Yeah check fuses, but if they are good then whoever did the install may have f*cked something up, maybe pulled out some wires in the dash.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1591
It sounds like they had to unplug your power to your lighting for the AC and stuff and forgot to plug it back up when they put the dash back together but I would check the fuses before I pulled the dash apart

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 179
needle nose plyers and a flash light. In some cars there are a few fuses that can pop and still allow the stereo to play. Depending on what wire grounded.

Bronze Member

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 19
i checked all the fuses, not the fuses under the hood tho, but under the dash, they were all fine. Im guessing a wire behind the dash or something, i just hope it dont fu(k up my electrical system.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1595
did you get a shop or a friend to do it? If it was a shop and something is screwed up, thats something they have to deal with...

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1088
I bet, since it worked before and not now, that the HU got hot and possibly melted wires or the wires got smashed during install. Sounds like a horrible/sloppy install to me!!! JMO

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1089
I bet they used electrical tape... LL Cheap route!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 21
Andrew, I had a shop install everything.

Bronze Member

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 22
lol Sinful, who knows these days..I was gonna take my car back to the shop and tell them to find the reason this is happening, but i dunno now lol.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1090
I wouldn't take it back to a place that fucked it up the first time...You always need good quality service so find a trust worthy/honest amd skilled installer to help you out in the future, or spend some time and learn how to DIY.... JMO

Bronze Member

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 23
Sinful, I would but I dont know anybody that I trust, I always heard to stay away from Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. I guess I'll just research on how to take apart my dash and look at the wiring myself.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 639
lee jst take it back to the shop get your money back why let them f your car up and walk away get your moneys worth either have them fix it or ask for them to refund your money for faulty instal cuz i bet you have a contract with this shop right???????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us