Single 12in sub

Username: Volsrule82

Post Number: 10
So I just sold my subs because they were pieces of crap and too big for my new car, 1995 volvo wagon, but I cant live without the bass.

I'm kinda in a tight money spot right now but I need to get something, and I'm not real good with knowing brands. I'd like SPL over SQ, my amp is a pioneer GM5300 380w RMS @ 4 ohms.

I know this is an annoying question but I didnt no what to shop for, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3093
Kicker CVR12" daul 2ohm

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4395
first thing that came to mind mach 5 audio maw 12.... actually i think they are dual 4 ohm so that wont work. kicker CVRs get loud with not much power in the right enclosure and can be pulled real cheap online.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Yea i was thinking CVR in a ported box... i almost bought 2 12's back before the semester started and I had money

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1568
What kind of budget are you working with?

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Well I plan on building my own box and I can get a CVR for about $70, I really dont want to spend more than $100 or so

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1494
I love my MAW 12s. Flex my doors a half inch. Sound awesome for jazz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
What does MAW stand for? Never heard of them, would they run well with only 380w RMS?

What would be the sound differnce in a 12in and 15in sub. Like if i were to go with a 15in CVR (example) over a 12in, what would be different?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 313
mach 5 audio

http://www.mach5audio.com/

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1496
Should get lower, more efficient. No idea what MAW stands for. They're rated for 350. In a good box, it should satisfy. They only come in D4, though. You could go with a pair of 10s, ported.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
What would be the best of these:
(SPL over SQ, ported box)

CVR 12
MAW 12
RE RE 12
Pioneer premier 12 (shallow)
Pioneer premier champion 12

and really anything else in that price range

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I thought about two tens but it would have to be a shallow box due to size restraints. Would 2 10's sound better than 1 12? And my amp is 2 channel so 2 10's would be running @ 125w each @ 4 ohm

By D4 you mean dual 4 ohm?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1501
Yes, dual 4 ohm. You could actually run it at 2 ohms/channel, if you wired each sub in parallel. That should power them alright. There are the eD SQ 10s, which are supposed to be nice, if it has to be really shallow. I like Mach 5 a lot, not only because they make awesome products at ridiculously low prices, but they are located in Canada, so I don't have to deal with extra customs fees.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=1_21&products_id=106

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Well if I ran them at 2 ohms/channel wouldnt that create an overall load of 1 ohm? My amp is not 1 ohm stable.

Bronze Member
Username: Igor_xxx

Post Number: 64
if you want to run 2 10's than get some d4's cuz that amp pushes 190x2 rms at 2 ohms

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Amplifiers/GMSerie s/GM-5300T?tab=B

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I'd kinda rather stick with one 12 to try to keep cost and space down... what about the 12's i listed above?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1504
"Well if I ran them at 2 ohms/channel wouldnt that create an overall load of 1 ohm? My amp is not 1 ohm stable."

Yeah, but that's only when you have it bridged. In 2 channel mode, it would be the same as using it to drive your front stage, besides the frequencies it's amplifying.

Bronze Member
Username: Igor_xxx

Post Number: 65
IMO your best choice is one 12 at 4ohm load but from that list i only have heard the shallow pioneer and the champion premier so i cant give you a true review and opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us