Hooking up a third bat

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 378
sorry to post OT but im in a pinch timewise and nobody is replying in acc. im taking out a cap can i just hook the third bat up to those wires?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 830
Yes, but be sure to fuse this battery.
Also, are you hooking this bat into a distribution block?
Either way be sure wherever the connections leads to that there is a fuse between those points.

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
thnx so much sry to post OT i know YOU hate that most of all. no dist block atm do i need one?

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 462
Yes! + to + , - to - . and your set. How long are the wires, and where do they come directly from. I take it you have one batt in the back already? I suggest either running a second power wire directly from the front battery or as short of distance as possible from the battery in the back. The less distance and more strands the better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
ya i already have one bat in the back the third will be one foot away from the second. yes hook it up the same as my cap or yes i need a dist block?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 831
(dude this isnt ot at all. its the ps3, ipod, and f/s threads i dont like, your all good brotha :D )

Well where is the other bat. Second what are you hooking up?, one amp, two?

I'm guessing you a have a 4g power running from the front of the car that is fused up front.

That wire can NOT be hooked up at the rear battery without being fused back there as well.

Other than that no you don't need a distro block.

You, can call me right now if you need to, much easier than typing if ur in a rush. I'm at the store, 608-365-3500
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us