15" $300 suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 127
About to drop $279 on a new Fi.Q 15", Anyone have a better idea?
Need a box too, thinking ported to 32hz.
powered by a kicker kx1200.1 that I already have.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 824
Are you looking for sq sql or spl?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HEMIKLR

Post Number: 9115
RD Audio Elite

www.rdaudio.net

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1478
Logan, is that the new one?

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
SQ I thought, I know spl is loud, and SQ is supposed to be clear, what is sql?

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
RD - "Specifications coming soon "
How can they sell the damn subs with out tellin us what they are?
Prices on those elites? Do I have to get them from a dealer? Are DD's out of my price range?
Fi.Q < RD Elite?
Daily low bump, no comps in my future.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 825
SQL is a happy medium of sq and spl.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 346
audioque HDC315 $239
audioque.com

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1484
Good sh!t, Kevin. What will the regular price on the new ones be?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6416
Chris, I sent you a PM.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 828
Buy the Fi.

RD Audio is a tiny company that buys parts manufactured by another company. If you want Atomic subs, why not buy'em from Atomic?

As for the 279 bucks,
I think the Fi is a good buy. The Kx1200 will deliver quite a punch to any single sub.
As you know it's a 1 ohm amp, so I would be sure to buy either a dual 2 ohm or dual .5 ohm sub.

If you ever plan to go to a competition I would consider buying the D .5 instead.
This way you can run the sub in series at 1 ohm for street beating and for competitions you can parallel the coils to a .25 load for burps.

The KX will do .25 burps, you'd be surprised how powerful those amps are at .25

If you need any help don't hesitate to call my store. I will help you design your system, regardless of where you buy the equipment.

608-365-3500

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 829
yeah, AudioQ is another great choice.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4390
if your looking for a great sounding sub that can definetly get loud as well I'm selling Stereo Integrity magnum 15s. I can show you some videos if your interested. they are 500 brand new...

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Rob, I tried checking my messages but do not see any new messages... or old ones for that matter.
Try again or hit my email up: 1000watthps@gmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 461
Wouldn't he be better off with a Fi.BL if he want's to do Burps? Fi.Q's are SQ subs aren't they?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6417
I guess the PM feature isn't working. This is the 2nd time in the passed two days that is has failed. I sent you an E-mail.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
I want Quality, don't care about burps(not too familiar with that term to start), don't care about high db's, never going to comp.

I plan on never buying any more audio equipment ever. So I want this to be a good quality build.

The FiQ kinda set my budget @ $279 max. Heard good things about Fi and they're website looks more professional than most. I just wondered if I'm getting the biggest quality bang for my buck before I buy.

Zac, you're the man. I will post my install @ every major step so you guys can tell me if I'm a newb and need to change some stuff up or not.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4391
if your looking for quality I think the mag would be the best choice honestly. the 12 inch magnum won 2nd in the 12 inch subwoofer challange. Its a very well built subwoofer with great sound quality and can get very loud as well. The 15 is very similar with more output capabilities. The Q is a great diver but if your looking for pure quality I think the mag is a better choice and I can give it to you for 300 plus shipping whereas it is 500 brand new.

check it out at www.stereointegrity.com and check out my for sale thread. keep your mind open but just check it out, it really should be considered with your needs.... https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/415721.html

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 832
Ok, now that we have that established, and SPL is out of the question...I would 100% recommend the Fi.

Some people may disagree with me here, but because Sq is your primary concern here I would go with a Dual 4 ohm sub, for numerous reasons.
I know the specs show the amp to do 1200 at 1 ohm and only 600 at 2 ohm but that is a ridiculously modest rating at 2.
It is impossible for an amp to double it's output as the resistance is halved. However, the damping factor WILL be decreased by half, sacrificing sound quality.

The amp will do closer to 800 at 2 ohms with better sound quality, versus the 1200 at 1 ohm.

The KX should produce plenty of power at 2 ohms for your application. I'd call Fi and ask their opinion if a true 800Wrms would be sufficient for your sub and enclosure. If they suggest more power, go with a D2. 1200 watts is plenty for any SQ set up haha.

(I presume the FiQ is available in either coil configuration?)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3089
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15329

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3853
Class D amps are inherently not SQ amps, you would never hear audible differences until you pass a dampening factor of 100 or even 75, fact. Polo.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 836
Probably a good deal Joey but I could never consider a sub that has a plastic dust cap with it's name molded into it to be a sound quality woofer.

haha

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 837
Good point Polo, a tube pre-amplified class A amp would be better haha.

I was saying his amp will perform better for an SQ set up at 2 ohm vs 1, as I said, for various reasons. Damping factor does affect sound quality, that is one reason.

The amp will also draw less current at 2 ohms.
His electrical system will be happier with that haha. The amp will run cooler as well

( and to be honest, in my opinion, 1200rms to a 15" woofer is more than I like when "listening" to music. )

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 168
Upload

That is the new Elite

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 170
12"

T/s BNIB are
FS- 23hz
QMS- 3.3
QES- .37
QTS- .33
CMs- 0.16 mm/N
mms- 306.3 Grams
BL- 19.1
SPL- 85.6
VAS- 57 L

1000-1200 RMS
Dual 1.5 ohm
Copper shorting ring in the 15mm Top plate
25mm T-yoke
Dual spider
Paper cone with a Kevlar layer on top
NBR surround stitched to the cone

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 840
Well I beg to differ, looks nothing like any Atomic I've ever seen?

I hate those terminals though.

Looks like an awesome sub-woofer, I have no idea what it sounds like. The stitched high roll surround is very cool.

Interesting looking sub, I think I might buy a few to do some testing with.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 171
We have 6 alpha 15" with the Revolution dust cap that have a single spider that would work great on 1200-1500 RMS.
Upload
Upload

12" shown

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7369
how much for 2 15s??

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3854
I agree Zac, I use to beat myself over the head about dampening and when it all came down to it the advertised DF was mostly manufacture Hype. hey that sub looks like a TC, kinda.. :-)Upload

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 172
New elites have a 10mm tall copper shorting ring imbedded in the top of the top plate to ensure low distortion.

Ultra light weight 56mm tall 3" voice coil to keep the effeincy up but still handle a true 1200 watts.

Once they are broken in you have an FS of around 16HZ. Can't wait to get them out there to have them tested. They also have a nice looking boot on them.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 173
I bet you could get them for around 300.00 each while them six are left.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 843
Alpha = Atomic ? :|

With all do respect this thread starter shouldn't be treated as some customer who walked through the door of our business so lets stop trying to sell him something.

What makes the Alpha sub superior to the Fi, why would this sub be a better choice for this person?

Steve, do you own RD? Apparently you have something to do with RD Audio.

If you want to sell your products in this forum that is great. But please, like any other company we must use the proper methods for advertising.

Consumers frequent Ecoustics because they know they can get honest unbiased opinions and reviews of product.
When company representatives begin posting in our forum it begins to take that away from the site. Some members are already complaining of not knowing whether or not they're getting real advice or if the poster is trying to coerce them into buying something from them.

Your wealth of knowledge in car audio is much needed here and we all appreciate your enthusiasm in the forum. On the same token the message sections are not a place to push our products. And please take no offense to my comments here. I along with most follow these rules as well.

On a side note I would like to speak with you about RD Audio, please call me at my store, 608-365-3500.

Looking forward to speaking with you,

Zac Davis

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4392
^^ very good and true but I still think the magnum is a better driver for this guy. He stated he needs greatest overall quality for 300. The magnum is a very well built subwoofer with excellent SQ that I don't think anybody can deny. Everyone that has heard these subwoofers has commented on their great SQ and ability to be quick and tight and produce lows very well as well in a proper enclosure. All of the drivers mentioned in this thread are good but I just don't see them fitting the bill as well as an SI mag. Nobody has said anything in response to my post earlier and I don't see why because it should be more in debate with the Q than the other subs I think.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 174
"Zach"
Alpha = Atomic? LOL i think you should call atomic and ask them.

Atomic does not sell or have ever sold anything close to the Alpha. It is an SQL subwoofer that handles 1500-2000 while offering great sound quality.

The only thing it shares with atomic is a 12 spoke basket and a ring on the spider while being built by SJA.

As far as it compared to the Fi i couldnt tell you i have never tested a Fi subwoofer.

"RD Audio is a tiny company that buys parts manufactured by another company. If you want Atomic subs, why not buy'em from Atomic? "

but as far as you saying this well like i said please call atomic and ask them if RD subwoofers use the same parts and designs as Atomics. I think you will get your answers their.

Alpha 15" = 550.00 retail subwoofers.
- 1500/2000 watts RMS
- 55mm tall 4 layer voice coil on dual 2 ohm and 53mm tall four layer coil on the 1.3 ohm.
- 25mm tall hot forged t-yoke
- dual stacked 1" tall by 7.6" magnet slugs
- 20mm Tall top plate
- Thick warm sounding paper cone damped with 30% Kevlar fibers
- Poly cotton Spider

fs- 33hz
re- 3.6 ohm
qms- 5.21
qes- .522
qts- .47
rms- 10.27
cms- 0.0874
mms- 251g
bl- 19.22 tm
spl@1w- 91.55 db
vas- 98.94 L
xmax- 16mm
weight- 42 pounds

I dont know if mine is better or worse than any subwoofer in someone elses eyes. But the above is what the Alpha is.

Without knowing you took a rip at RD. Because if subs are all the same that come from the same build houses many are going to be the same since most companies use one of only a few build houses world wide.

I dont sell to people asking for product. I would send them to a rep or dealer. But i know we have 6 alpha V.2 15" with the Revolution dust cap that we want gone. Same as the other new ones but with a diffrent cap at around 50% of the price.

Many people own the V.2 and have let people know what they think of them and how they feel they perform.

When we bring something new out we look for reveiws. Like the new studio and Elite, about 14 days before there ready to go out the door we will have some reveiws done. If you are interested in doing a reveiw on the new Elites or the Studios i will make sure to write down your contact info and possibly give you a holler when we are ready to send a few out.

I never say my products are better or worse than the next mans product. Its not for me to say, i just do my best to offer great products.

Truthfully this is the only forum i go on because alot of the guys on here are real cool and speak there minds.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 176
The Elite is being built where i would say at least 50 to 100 companies subwoofers are built does this make them the same?

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 845
You know...I don't think I need to call George to confirm whether or not your products differ from each other.
I'm sure your a stand up individual so your word is good enough for me, (however I'm nearly certain the Alphas share more than just a 12 spoke basket?).

In addition, I apologize for the "tiny company" comment. I hadn't thought about how that sounded until reiterated by you, it was a rude of me.
My remarks were never meant to be slanderous to your company, if you took offense to them, again, I apologize.
But you still continue to sell your subs in this thread by stating availability and prices, and going as far as saying they are 50% off, your a good salesman haha.

As for the other portion of my statement...do you agree our pushing of products that we sell can in fact influence the consumers. They're looking for neutral opinions and reviews, how could we do that while offering our products at the same time?

We can't.

You should contact Ecoustics to advertise. I've done some looking into it and they are surprisingly affordable. I think you could see a good return from this site.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3286
i loved the way my alphas sounded. they had a good clean crisp sound to them. but honestly they may be too much for sq alone. as well as the magnum. if you are looking for straight sq the fi q, the rd elite sq, image dynamics v.3 is an awesome choice. but i will get the new elites and test them out. they look very promising and from what ive been told the have great output. =)

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3287
oh we are talking 15s. i say sicking with the q is a good deal. or like trevor said the magnum. but i think it may be louder then what you want. it will stll sound amazing but they get loud lol

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3288
sorry one more post. lol. but the alpha would also be a good safe bet. it doesnt take much power to get them moving. they sound awesome as well. in a nice box tune to 32hz they sound amazing.

fi q or alpha v.2 or magnum

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4009
"I plan on never buying any more audio equipment ever. So I want this to be a good quality build."

Is that even possible? You could be happy with it for the first year then decide you want more lol

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3289
its not possible. sorry. lol. its in a mans nature to never be satisfied. or content. i always want something new,better, different.

i mean this is like a marriage, are you ready for that type of commitment? lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Some of you already know what's currently in my trunk, so If I can last that long with that crap then this upgrade will be my trophie wife, and I bet I could last atleast another 5 years with that tight @$$

The FiQ comes in dual 2 ohm and dual 1 ohm

SQ Box: Ports or no?

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
who doesn't want daily bump with the ability to suck the air out of your lungs? (Thinking back to my cousin's 1 18", that sh!t was loud!)

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1570
Cam, I will let you guys know pricing when announced.

Zac, if you want some info on RD, I can give you a call or you can feel free to call me or email me.

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Going to order the Fi.Q, thanks for all the help! I love ecoustics!

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 849
Kevin, I got a couple e-mails with a few links lastnight.
After some extensive reading I don't think the RD line is something we're looking for at this time but thank you for the reply.

Back to this sub question...
Is SQ truly is the goal here?, if yes why arent we mentioning brands that actually sound good. Like a Focal, or another brand that's known for SQ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
SQ is the main goal, but I am convinced that a kx1200.1 pushing 1000 - 1200 rms will get as loud as i need it to. I know the amp will do closer to 1400+ rms but I want this to last a while so I see no reason why I would need to max it out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Runnin a KX1200.1 should I get the 2 ohm dvc sub? (Fi.Q 15")

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
RE Reading this thread answered my question, dual 2 ohm it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us