Bad buy idea?

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 438
Ok well I just brought a pioneer premier deh-p690ub from ssa.com for $219 bad idea?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3846
And you are asking NOW why? Should have asked before you bought it.... Polo.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 439
Well I just now odered it... If it was a really bad idea I could just send them an email tonight telling them to cancel my order or change my order.

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1072
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-PREMIER-DEH-P960MP-CD-MP3-WMA-WAV-DEH-P9600MP_W0QQit emZ220187127047QQihZ012QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5647
should of went with another brand imo. i think there's a thread over on ca.com someone started talking about the noise problem with that hu. someone else even posted in the thread saying he's having the same problems with his 690.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13459
the pioneer ground problem, or whatever u wanna call it..is user error...plain and simple...

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5648
not talking about the alt. whine. person has the same problem as i did with my old pioneer, and my girls' to actually (both different #s to).

Silver Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 132
chauncey what do you do to fix/avoid it ?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2295
"the pioneer ground problem, or whatever u wanna call it..is user error...plain and simple...'

^^x1000000000000000000000000000

well just avoid plugging and/or unplugging any rca's while the unit is off. IF you are going to work on your pioneer head unit, make sure the car is OFF please. But about the 690, i had a premier 680 and it was a great unit, can't say anything bad about it!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5105
It's not entirely user error. Every other major company manages to build an HU that doesn't have that problem. Pioneer engineered a retarded design. BTW that's not the only problem I've often seen with the new pioneer HUs.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5651
"It's not entirely user error."

exactly.

"chauncey what do you do to fix/avoid it ?"

why would you want to buy a hu and right out the box have to fix it?

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1075
"Every other major company manages to build an HU that doesn't have that problem."
Yes but pioneer sells more than any other company so the sample size is not even making your statistics are inaccurate....

I agree with Chauncey, have had no problems with any pioneer's or pioneer premier's in the past except the lower pioneer models have crappy sound quality without subs...JMO

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1076
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-PREMIER-DEH-P960MP-CD-MP3-WMA-WAV-DEH-P9600MP_W0QQit emZ220187127047QQihZ012QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Best HU I have ever used so far!!!! JMO

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 442
ok well i think im just gonna stick with the 690 i ordered. i guess we'll see what happens....

p.s. i'm using the cdt speakers and diamond audio d5 amp that kevin gave me with this h/u for my girls car.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1085
Even aftermarket speakers don't help the lower level pioneer's. Get the Pioneer Premier! 10 X better than pioneer. And go higher up in #, I have a feeling you will not be satisfied. I owned a pioneer DEH-6700mp for my own personal vehicle and that thing had 0 features that could be used without a cd changer. The soud quality was horrible! I sold that HU three days later because I was NOT impressed. But in the end it's what the consumer wants so get whaever you want..

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1087
That HU was in a vehicle without subs but had all aftermarket interior speakers. Went to an old HU I found in storage and it sounded great. Old Sony CDX-M610 A.K.A. "Chameleon" 7 year old HU outperforms current lower level/# Pioneer!!! JMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us