06 impala install pictures

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 337
The pictures below are from an install that me and my partners(team blakbocs) did in an 06 impala. We are based in western ky and make custom enclosures, install anything, detail, etc.. anyways let me get back on subject.

2 memphis 15-PR12D4 250wrms
RF 550s 275wrms X 2 @ 2ohm
Box= 4cuft @ 35hz, black carpet, white vinyl faces
stock head unit,line out converter,JL audio 7volt line driver

Upload
running the wires...
Upload

customer checking it out
Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
mad mikes cousin

Upload
the kill switch

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1239
ha no wires,i bet ya ppl are like wtf,has car audio gone wireless

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2261
Looks clean. How do they sound?

Are those similar to the Memphis M-class subs because those used to be really cheap and had very strong sq.

Silver Member

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 338
they sound dam* good for the price,. they hit everything pretty well. So id give SQ on a scale of 1-10 a 7. This car came with stock sound deadener but it still has great output in the cabin is would say low 140s.(there is sound deadener between cabin and trunk. I am used to bass but the driver isnt and he says he gets head aches and cant breathe. I think they handle more power than the Mclass series but the Mclass does have a little bit better SQ.

Username: Nismo69

Post Number: 5
very clean install!

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3848
140's eh? Hey what is that little square thing in the middle of your trunk? Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2262
^^ Hahaha.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13458
140's...thats amazing with around 600rms

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 822
I've done some newer impalas at work, looks nice but with my experience, they rattle like a mutherfocker

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5649
140s? with the others on this, not believing it.

but also, since you say you make better boxes than anyone else out, why not shoot me a price for a 3cuft., after displacements, box for a maw15. tuned to about 30hz. to zip 06355. grey carpet and terminal cup.

and what makes your boxes so much better than the others?

Silver Member

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 339
First of all i have so much respect for a lot of the people on this site. you all are a tough crowd but you do know your stuff. Let me address the points made. Polo,this is not my trunk lol. also the 140 thing, i didnt claim to have had it metered or anything but i was just saying that i have felt 140 before and it is close, probably 30s, i wont know til it gets metered. also ctmike, i dont work alone i will have to talk to the guys if you are serious about a box, i am the installer of the bunch, but i do the cosmetics of the box, i dont run the numbers(i can but i dont) but i do help with the cuts,and assembly of each box.

I am in no way trying to mislead anyone in any way. i really dont like the feeling of being attacked. And to what makes out boxes better? all i can say about that is, every box is made with care, no shortcuts are tasken, the cuts are accurate to 1/64 of and inch. there are some extra s on the inside of the box that help the output greatly,i could go on but only if i have to.

Silver Member

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 340
colby, they do rattle underneath the car a lot.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13462
I need a box as well...And im serious...

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 823
What are these extras?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5650
i'm serious as well, want to go ported with my maw. so if you could, shoot me a price for the box i described above. the only thing is the max. dimensions for the box can't excede 34" L x 17" H x 13" D.

and i was merely asking as to why your boxes are better than tcabs, fishers', etc. as i remember in your profile you saying they pwn all the others. j/w but what all boxes have you owned (meaning you ever get a box from fisher, phil, tcab, etc.)? and not attacking, just asking.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2293
looks clean man, gotta love clean installs

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1366
lookin good.

that amp is so small lol

Silver Member

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 341
ctmike, when i put that on my profile it was a stunt to draw attention to my product but then i realized that it was a disrespectful move on my behalf, i really cant say that my product is better because i dont know if it is, but i can tell you that my product gets the job done well, we take pride in our work, and if you are not satisfied we will work with you until you are. I can say that all of the above box builders mentioned are great and all have their strengths and i just have my own set of strengths.

colby, one of my partners is a chemist and we make our own substance to line the box with. this substance eliminates standing waves, and increases output. we also do basic things that everyone an do like no 90degree angles in the interior, etc,

yes that amp is small, though it is underrated slightly,

Silver Member

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 342
we call them blacbocs' ( after the blackbox found in airplanes) we make them to be indestructible) and i know soe1 is going to comment about that,....im sure if u take a sledge hammer to it the wood should split....

one thing ive noticed on E, is that a lot of people would rather just prove someone else wrong than to just give good advice or comments when needed..its like everyone has a huge ego to fill

Silver Member

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 343
as far as box orders and prices

email us.. mmaudio.concepts@gmail.com

i need cubic feet, and cosmetics, carpet(what color) flush mount, vinyl,etc, basically what you want the box to look like

also if there are any interior features you have in mind, like rounded corners, sound deadening, the secret paste, etc

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1031
Looks nice. Very clean.

Secret paste, hahah. Nice wording.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3851
You do know these guys will buy one of your boxes just to take it apart and see, they will post up the results.. Polo..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5652
blakbocs, post a price for the maw15 ported box shipped for me here. going to work and can't check emails there, but can check this site.

and i will take it apart to post it here. and i will compare it to a fisher box and woodlawn box since i've had both, and will post a fair review when i get your box.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7469
Chauncey Brown.... "140's...thats amazing with around 600rms"

My bro and I do 142.4 db daily on 600 rms with a single 12 inch sub daily tune to 35 hz in a 2006 jeep liberty using a 54 hz tone

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7470
nice install

Silver Member

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 344
thanx sean

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16427
i like that install. looks clean. but wouldn't it be better to mount the amp somewhere else so you can use the rest of the trunk space? that amp ain't that big so i am sure you can find a better place.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 4029
i should drive up to your shop one day lol, but murray is quite far from me.
nice box man. the white on black looks great.

Silver Member

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 345
the guy wanted the amp there. the trunk has huge spaces on the sides. he wanted it there because that amp lights up the trunk at night along with a neon that is mounted above the sub box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us