Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 90
which do you think is better?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5639
since this is the sub section i take you're comparing subs?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1797
i thought he was comparing head units just because in my opinion i would never use a alpine or pioneer sub nothing wrong with them but just way better for the money.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5640
figured he was comparing hu to, but he figured he should be more specific. we're not mind readers here.

but if hus', i'd go alpine.

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 523
ctmike, you think the alpine 9887 is better than the pio 880prs?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5091
Regardless of whether he meant subs or HU the answer is still Alpine :-)

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5642
never used the 880, but i've messed around with a 9887 and loved it. friend has one now after switching from a pioneer premier (can't think of the model) and it did improve the sq. actually thinking of the 9887, but will probably end up with the 9886, as my next hu. currently still using a pioneer and hate it, third pioneer to mess up on me, done with pioneer.

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 85
alpine HUs are not that great either. i had one in my last car that went back to alpine twice in the year warranty.it then went out a third time at 14 months old and got trashed. replaced it with a kenwood excelon and 3 years later its still working for the guy i sold my car too.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5645
excelons' are very nice also. but it still seems alot more pioneers are returned for repairs then alpines, both from people saying it on forums and being told by dealers of both brands.

from now on i'm sticking with alpine, excelon, clarion, and higher end panasonic. maybe jvc arsenal to, haven't bought one yet but have never heard of any problems with them.

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1037
Poineer Premier FTW! for HU hands down! JMO Pioneer Premier DEH-P960MP is my favorite and sound quality is UNBELIEVABLE on top of the three pages of features it has.. I have used and/or installed both brands frequently but I would go Pioneer PREMIER. Once again this is my opinion based on past experiences. Hope this helps, but you should get what will make you happy, not us..... For subs it would be a toss up because pioneer premier and alpine both make good uper level subs. JMO

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1038
I had many issues with Clarion Head Units..... but I am sure others might have been lucky and had none but back on topic Pioneer PREMIER and Alpine are both great brands.....
ctmike.. Kenwoods are good but.. "but it still seems alot more pioneers are returned for repairs then alpines" .. thats because more pioneers are sold than alpines. The ratio is about even between the two brands if sample size is the same. Besides, there are alot of Do IT Yourselfers or beginners that use pioneer because of the price and they themselves can be the cause of the damage or return so it really doesn't matter for the comparison...

In the end you should just Get what makes you happy or what you will value the most... JMO!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
oh yeah sorry. i was talking about headunits. i was either thinking the alpine 9885 or pioneer 6900 or w/e

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1028
I've had a Premier 860MP for 2 years, other then the right knob coming off which is my fault I have no complaints. Easy to use, burrbrown DACs deliver great SQ and the price was better than a comparable Alpine at the time.

I used to have a CDA 9813 and it was awesome, more advanced user functions and great SQ. It was a little more difficult to set up and cost like $400 though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
yeah im not gettin a headunit like to soon. but i thought i might just start looking ahead.

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 237
I love my 880 vs my dad's old Alpine.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1048
Pioneer PREMIER > Pioneer .... to Snow

Gov Cheese
As to your statement about the alpine having more advanced functions, well you should have had the 960 becuse there are more functions than you know what to do with.... plus 6.5 volt preouts (three sets) and looks way better. It has a color screen and you can also download skreensavers and motion scenes. Pioneer Premier DEH-P960MP FTW!!!!I would say it has about double the features the HU you listed has... JMO

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1049
http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/product.jsp?modelNo=CDA9883&AFC-Shopping&srccod e=cii_13736960&cpncode=11-44744354-2
vs
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-PREMIER-DEH-P960MP-CD-MP3-WMA-WAV-DEH-P9600MP_W0QQit emZ220187127047QQihZ012QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 433
6.5 volt pre outs is usless because you gotta spend mad money to get an amp that will even accept 6.5 volts. personally, i would fry my amps if i had that head unit

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5098
Alpine > all

That is all :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1032
Sinful, I said a 9813. Knocks the snot outta nearly every other head unit I have owned.

OEL is cool and all but it is definitely not going to make my stereo sound better.

I am still quite pleased with my 860 though.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16415
ms i sent you a pm.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidt487

Texas

Post Number: 42
what about eclipse hu i have a cd8445 and i love it. ive had it for a couple of years and no problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i like that alpine 9887. i think im gonna be gettin that for my next head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 952
I wasn't too impressed with the EQ on that 9885. Either that or they didn't put any mention of one in the manual. If so it wasn't that great either way.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 953
I wasn't too impressed with the EQ on that 9885. Either that or they didn't put any mention of one in the manual. If so it wasn't that great either way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
so you dont like the 9885? cause thats the one im thinking about getting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
what is the difference between the 9885 and 9887?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us