Voltmeter

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7459
what volt meter would you suggest I decided I want a digital display up front in the car instead of my analog voltmeter in a pod

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2262
http://www.cardomain.com/item/STISVMB

Gold Member

Post Number: 7460
nothing was there on your link but I just ordered a digital volt meter by stinger

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 664
Question, Should you connect your voltmeter to a distroblock by your amp, or as close to your amp on it power cable as possible? Or can you connect it to your battery under the hood?

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1039
I would get the Audio Controls EPIC-160 so you can have a volt meter and/or a 160 SPL capable SPL meter.... but if accuracy is what you want than there is nothying more accurate than Auto Meter guages!!!! JMO

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1040
Connect it to wherever you want your reading from. At the amp for voltage the amp is getting or under the hood to monitor all voltage and voltage drop. Your choice!!! JMO

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1363
stinger voltmeter ftw

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1045
Autometer FTW!!!! http://www.autometer.com/

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugesearch.aspx?pg=4

Cobalt volt meter : http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=2566
Sport Comp volt meter : http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=3673
Ultra-Lite volt meter : http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=3688

All of these are digital and are the most accurate!!!! But stinger is good! JMO

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1046
But if you are looking for a three in one unit then the EPIC-160 is the way to go. Digital Bass Restoration, SPL meter (160 SPL capable mic) and a digital volt meter.

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2390

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1047
The best bass enhancement device...

This can explain alot... http://cgi.ebay.com/Pheonix-Phoenix-Gold-Bass-Cube-Signal-Boost-Processor_W0QQit emZ250201881425QQihZ015QQcategoryZ14931QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Increadible deal if you get it for less than $100 but it is at 50 bucks right now... I might jump on that even though I have several of these awsome devices already..... Can't have enough of these pupies....Pheonix Gold TBASSCUBE FTW on Bass Enhancement.

Pheonix Gold TBASSCUBE > Epicenter
I have had/used both and this is my honest opinion.... Try it, you will not be dissapointed!!! JMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 7461
I ordered this stinger volt meter

http://cgi.ebay.com/STINGER-SVMB-VOLTMETER-BLUE-3-DIGIT-DIGITAL-DISPLAY-NEW_W0QQ itemZ260196980332QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and I have a phoenix gold tantrum bass cube already

Thanks for the help guys

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1050
Do you like the basscube??????

Gold Member

Post Number: 7462
heres an idea cant you just hook up a switch so that you can get a voltage from the amp and from the battery by just picking which side of the switch to use but running the wires to both locations independantly....(thats if there really is a difference from the battery voltage to the voltage the amps seeing) there shouldnt be if your using the right power and ground sizes

Gold Member

Post Number: 7463
well from the experince ive seen with it so far....you seem to only gain spl with it if your under powering your subs ......my buddy is underpowering his four 12's and he gains 3 db with it on vs with it off.....while we only got .1 to .3 tenths more with it on vs off using higher than rms power on the single sub we tested it on....and we almost damaged the sub using it

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1051
NOT TRUE. every connection and wire has some voltage loss but it can be minimized by using the biggest and best wire as well as making good connections. You will also have some loss in the wire and connection between your voltmeter and the 12v source you are trying to measure... although this voltage loss is minimal, it is enough to create a difference that is noteworthy. JMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 7464
the pg basscube is a quality product esp compared to other knockoffs and it only boosts a single frequency that you dial in but the but in subsonic filter feature is nice the way it works...(it follows your dialed frequency in the right setting I believe at a 18 db rolloff)

Gold Member

Post Number: 7465
Thanks I stand corrected then....Well then the switch idea may be worth trying out then

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1052
Yes it can be a "woofer cooker" when you overpower a sub and use a bass cube but when used correctly it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and it allows to run your amp at a lower level to so they don't have to work as hard and run cooler with no loss in SQ!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6409
Sean, make sure to check your power at the amps to see the variation between the actual power and the losses from the wire that the meter is hooked up to so that you know.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1053
Yes it will work but the proper switch will be needed for it to work..

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1054
But then again the switch and connections will cause more loss so you might want to just pick one and use it. I would go with the batt because it can be used by mechanics and for other reasons then your amp voltage, like an auto parts store checking batt and alt for example. JMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 7466
Sinful systems...Looks like Ill have to mess with the basscube more in the future

Rob....ok thanks Rob I will that was a good reminder

Gold Member

Post Number: 7467
sinful systems....But then again the switch and connections will cause more loss so you might want to just pick one and use it. I would go with the batt because it can be used by mechanics and for other reasons then your amp voltage, like an auto parts store checking batt and alt for example. JMO

true

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1055
Rob, you should try the bass cube!!! but you might need one per amp, I am not sure, It might depend on your amps id the outputs will send the same signal they recieve... unsure on that but you would be impressed! Any new vids?????? Post links...

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1056
Sorry but "id" is not a word so the correct word is "if"... Sorry!

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1073
Rob, you should try the bass cube!!! but you might need one per amp, I am not sure, It might depend on your amps id the outputs will send the same signal they recieve... unsure on that but you would be impressed! Any new vids?????? Post links...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1367
Reading into my AMP inputs is where mine is from.

With a DMM it reads 14.4V - and @ the same time the meter reads 14.1

So there is about a .3 loss in the wire to the voltmeter on mine... so its not that biggie. You can figure it out

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1074
.3 volts lost on my hifonics would cause a loss of about 100 watts..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
the amp is not losing the .3....

THE VOLT READOUT IS

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1077
I understand that, but I was saying for every .3 volts lost to my amp will cause a 100 watt decrease in the output of my amp....I was simply stating that a voltage loss at the amp will cause a decrease in output of the amp. The amount of power loss depends on the amp. I was just showing what .3 voltage lost is not minimal and has a pretty big effect on output, that is all.... JMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us