Running a distribution block......

Bronze Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 92
I am running two distribution block one for power one for ground . i am running a 0 gauge stinger power wire into 4 4gauge distribution block but only to 3 amps on a 250 watt fuse (AMPS ARE 2 KICKER zx1000.1 AND 1 KICKER KX 650.4) . Also running a 4 gauge Ground wire to the distribution block to the 3 amps on 8 gauge wires . DO you see any problem with this setup ??? Thanks For the Input

Silver Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 117
only one so far as i can tell. the power and ground wires should always be the same gauge. and dont forget that the ground has to be grounded to the car as close to the amps as possible. NOT to the battery. and lastly, i know u didnt bring this up, but a lot of people make this mistake, dont run the power wire and the sound wires (RCA) down the same side of the car. u will most likely get a ground loop and get that annoying hum with the acceleration.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5079
" power and ground wires should always be the same gauge. "

Correct. You should use 0 gauge for the ground also.

" the ground has to be grounded to the car as close to the amps as possible. NOT to the battery. "

Incorrect. In fact a ground wire direct to the battery is actually the best possible ground, as a good heavy gauge wire will have less resistance then the body/frame of the vehicle.

" dont run the power wire and the sound wires (RCA) down the same side of the car. "

The RCA cables picking up interference from the power cables is a myth IMO. I have never ever in any system I ever installed seen RCAs have interfenece when run next to power cables, and then have it go away when the RCAs are moved away. Once and a while I hear poeple claim to have that happen though, but I've never seen it and I've installed a lot of systems.

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 93
What if i use 4 gauge power wire running into 4 gauge to the amps is that fine.

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 94
Sorry i ment Ground wire not power wire in the comment above .

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5081
You could run 4 gauge grounds to each amp (no distro block on the grounds). Or you could use a disto block the same as the one for the power wires, 4 gauge ground wires from each amp to a 0 gauge wire.

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 95
So basically 0 Gauge wire to 4 gauge for both ground and power correct...... Also is that fuse going to be able to handle all of these amps running its a 250 ??? Thanks alot M.S

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5089
No problem man. For 0 gauge wire, put a 300 amp fuse in it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us