Info that you might want to know!

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1024
Hello ecoustics forum,
I have been on this forum for a while now and have noticed that this is probably one of the best forums I have been to/on and I would like to let you in on some info that may concern you since shipping issues may occur in your transactions. This issue I had is with fedex. I have mentioned before that I had a problem and that I would post the pics for whom it may concern. Well here they are. This is not all of the damage but I feel it is enough to prove my point....
Upload
Upload
Every corner on these home audio speakers is smashed or chipped off like the pics show. The second pic shoes damage that is all around the fronts of each speaker. The one cover is broken in pic as well. There is alot more damage than you see but I don't have the time to take the pics and then make them smaller and then post. I hope this is enough for you to understand the damage the stuff that is shipped could recieve.My wife said she saw the guy throw the boxes off the truck. One of the 5 speakers that was shipped was completely broken appart and no longer could be catigorized as a speaker. It is simply a pile of wood with speakers and a crossover attached to some. Another would no longer play because the crossover was damaged from the violent handling. The amp on the subwoofer had recieved plenty of damage as well. The board snapped off the amp case and the cooling fins were bent out of proportion from the fall. It was a complete mess when I recieved the items. I have repaired as much as I could and FedEx gave me nothing and said they wouldn't do anything. I lost not only the resale value of the speakers but my money and time spent to fix the stuff that was purposly damaged by FedEx drivers. Just figured I would let you know so you can be aware of the poor quality service of FEDEX!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3287
Whenever you are delivered expensive and/or delicate items and especially when you see massive box damage like you must have seen in this case, make the driver wait (if you even see him) until you open the package and examine the contents. If the driver drops off your package and leaves before you get there, call FedEx immediately, tell them you received a damaged shipment, that you are not accepting it, and for them to send a driver to your location immediately. Drivers are instructed to wait until you open and inspect a damaged package and operators are also instructed to send out drivers on demand. Know your rights. Sorry this happened to you man, but there are rules built into the system that allow you to be compensated if you take the correct steps at the correct time.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1025
Called instantly and filled out a report with them and nothing happened!!! They SUCK!!!! Thanks for the info and I was not home when this happened but you can bet we would have had words if I was....They don't care about their customers even though they went through them instead or other well capable compeditors! I was just giving a warning to anyone in the market for shipped goods....

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3288
Oh I know you were and it is appreciated. Don't let them off the hook on this one. Keep calling and writing emails until something is done. The fact that you called immediately after receiving it should be registered in their records which is important because all shipping companies will not reimburse you for packages that were opened and not acted upon in a certain period of time because they suspect that you damaged it yourself somehow. It happens every single day that some idiot tries to scam them so they are very hesitant to assist you outside of their preset rules. Again... you did the right thing so do NOT give up on this.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1219
fedex delieverd some subs for me,and the side of the box was just about riped out,thankfunlly nothang was damaged inside of the box

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1026
I have not given up, but continous contact and nothing. I gave them almost 1 whole year and nothing so now I make my story public...

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1027
You are very lucky Chris

Gold Member

Post Number: 1220
yes i kno

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3826
I ahd the same issue with my Fisher Customs box! It was packaged extremely well, corner protectors and all and they really messed it up. This is why I didn't have him finish it, always something happens and I was right. I am trained in the art of layer separation and was able to use resin to fill gaps. If you wonder why I used bed liner again now you know why. Polo..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1456
Threaten to call up a radio station or news channel or threaten to start carrying fliers with the storey and pictures around, handing them out to everyone you see.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1016
Dang, for what people pay for there service they sure are crappy when it comes to delivery. I've always used UPS and not had a problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
some companys dont let u pick the shipping company or they just say 2-5 day shipping,ground shipping etc..dont even mention who would be delivering it

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 84
i used to work for a retail store that carried big $$$$ glass, crystal and china doing shipping and recieving.( paid good lol) we finally just refused to do business with fedex all together because anything they touched broke! i saw a fedex driver throw a box marked fragile/glass over 15 ft. from the back of his truck to the sidewalk! fedex-bad ups-better dhl-best

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3827
Sorry to say USPS has been the best lately not to mention the cheapest! Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 640
I always ship USPS and have perfect feedback on ebay cuz of it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1226
dhl is pretty cool,i never would have thought they shipped on staurdays till i got package last saturday

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12659
wow - i am shocked @ the kind of sh1t which happened to u guys since just this morning on tv i was watching a fedex commercial with a woman shipping a expensive looking vase & how carefully they seem to package it with bubbly wrap & foam peanuts in a box about 5 times the size of the vase & how it was delivered very safe with a smile to a happy recipent ....shows how NOT to believe what u see on tv....duhhhhh! ....

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1228
DHL and USPS FTW!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12126
Damn. And I just sent Chad's subs and Kevin's DVD player using Fedex.

**Crosses fingers**

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1029
**Crosses fingers**

X2!!!!!!!!!!/ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us