Amp light always on

Username: Volsrule82

Post Number: 6
i just put my amp in my new car, 1995 volvo 850 wagon, but the "on" light for the amp is always on, even when the car is off. what is this all about?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1224
Do you have your remote wire hooked up properly?

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1209
u hooked the remote wire to the back of the headunit correct?

Post Number: 7
yea the same wire i had it hooked up to in my old car. thats why im confused bc everything is hooked up the same way it was in my van

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 999
Is it a turbo? My buddy has a 95 850 turbo sedan. and I gotta say, it is truly a nice vehicle. Totally changed my perception of Volvo's.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5069
Use a DMM to measure voltage on the REM terminal and ground when the car is off. If you get 12 volts the REM wire is hooked up wrong. If you get no voltage and the amp is on, your amps got a problem.

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1031
Just run the remote wire to an ACC on the fuse block so when the key is turned to ACC or start/run then the amp will have power but when the car is off there will be no voltage sent through the remote wire. You must have it hooked to a constant 12v source.Need to switch to a switched 12v source...JMO

Silver Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 131
i made the same mistake once when i wired up my remote wire to my head unit

i wired the remote to the solid blue wire when i was acutally supposed to wire it to the blue wire with a white line going thru the center

Post Number: 8
yea its a turbo, actually its a 1995 850 turbo hahah i love it, ive been driving a 1988 dodge full size van, it was like drivin a tank.

awesome thanks a ton for the help guys, its 9 oclock and 20 degrees outside so i'll fix it in the morning

Post Number: 9
about the post saying connect to acc in the fuse block... straight from the fuse to the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1080
Yes, a vehicles factory fuse "pannel" has a few empty spaces marked ACC. These will only send power when key is turned forward meaning when vehicle is off, so is the amp.. Hope that helps..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
that helps a ton, thanks man.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Yea that helps a lot thanks a ton man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help