Alpine R10 and MRD-m301

Username: Beligerant1

NC USA

Post Number: 8
Hey guys, I just bought an Alpine swr-1041d sub and a MRD-m301 amp. The sub is 300W rms and the amp is 350W rms with a 2 ohm load. I am partially confused because the alpine website says that the 350W rms is with a 2 ohm load x 14.4 Volts. As far as i know my electrical system is 12 Volts. If i wire the sub for a two ohm load on my 12 volts, what will the RMS be? If the RMS of the amp exceeds the rms of the sub, will that do damage to either one?

So these are questions i probably should have asked before i bought the stuff, but i was fairly certain that the two are compatible, i just want to satisfy these questions that keep sticking in the back of my head. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
I too was asking the same question just a couple of days ago, and was told that a car that is properly wirered should put 14.4v do to having a alt and other factors. The reason i asked is because i bought a alpine amp and also thought that it was compatible.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 176
Yeah, the battery is 12 volts by itself, but when you add a charging system (alternator) the voltage rises. In order to maintain a good charge, the alternator applies more voltage than the battery can drain(in a properly matched electrical system) ,which is why typical car voltage is ~14.4.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us