Quality Amp Low budget

Bronze Member
Username: Buccaneersfan80

Post Number: 17
i have two 12' Alpine type R woofers that are dual coil 4ohm does anyone know of a quality amp i could get to buy them? i found a Infinity Reference 1600a but i wasnt sure if its the proper amp for my subs and if it Infinity makes good amps, thank you in advance

Bronze Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 85
How much money do you want to spend ???

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1159
how many post are u gonna make about this, u need more than 150-200 bucks,the cheapest you are gonna do for atleast 1000 watts @ 1 ohm is the hifonics

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3057
You need a amp that is 1ohm stable.

What is your budget for amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1162
he told me 150-200 bucks,them subs could use a lil more than 1000 watts tho

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well i found an infinity and a few others but i dont kno the exact specs im gonna need 4 my amp and i was also wondering about the quality of these amps i found that i think are good enough to power my amp but i am open to suggestions

i found an Infinity 1600a, Phoniex Gold V1502,
AUDIOBAHN A8001DT, MTX Thunder 8302, and Pioneer PRS-D1100M

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5621
spend more for a better amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
like how much?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
and i started a new thread on this because i didn know to before so i though tthat you could jus ask questions on a thread that's topic was along the same lines as yours and people had a problem with it so that is what im asking again

Gold Member

Post Number: 1166
well a ed nine.1 could work then but about 350 bucks ,i was just saying the hifonice cuz thats the cheapest amp u are gonna find that is better than kenwood for around 200 bucks

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=44

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5093
lanzr vibe 1200d is your best choice for 170$ brand new.

1007w rms at 1 ohm @12V

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 994
Heres an MTX that will 1500 @ 1 ohm. like $270 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-MTX-Thunder-1500W-RMS-Mono-Block-Class-D-Ampl ifier_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ001QQitemZ110208653805QQrdZ1QQsspagen ameZWDVW

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
but if my subs are 4ohm and outputting 500watts rms dont i only need an amp minimun 1000watts that outputs around 500 watts rms at 2ohm? like im new wit this stuff so i bought the type Rs cuz i wanted good subs and my friends reccomeded them, i went on that crutchfield online w.e n the crutchfield rep told me since i have two type Rs 4ohm i need a amp that outputs 500 watts 2ohm? was he right or do i need more power than that?

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 628
He's saying about 500w to each sub @ 2 ohms, but you only need 1 amp (more efficient power and price wise). Since you put both subs together, that would wire down to 1 ohm, so therefore you will need atleast 1000w @ 1 ohm. 1500 watts would be ideal for those subs, but its pointless if you cars electrical cannot keep up with them, so I'd aim for about 1000-1200wrms at most. What kind of vehicle do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2285
wait a month and get a audioque aq1200d for 239 shipped quality 1200 rms...

honestly, i wasn't happy with my hifonics. i had a 1206d on my first sub and it really wasn't worth the money i paid. Or hold out for a b-stock nine.1 or search for a used nine.1, they're practically givin em away these days and i absolutely love mine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
i have a 2000 nissan pathfinder, see the crutchfield dude didnt explain any of that stuff 2 me which is why i came on here, Cal Payne where would i be able to buy any of those amps ur talking about?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
would an Audiobahn A12001DT be any good for me?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 638
You could get a aq like cal said or a nine.1, they are good from everything I've ever heard. A month back or so there was a bunch of kicker kx1200.1 refurbs for less than $200 shipped.

Don't know about the bahn amp, but alot of people dont like them, I would save a bit more and buy something better.

Shoot kevin from low-hz.com an email about a sundown sae-1000D.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1009
Here's a used ED nine.1 on ebay for $235 shipped. plus he guarentees not DOA and a full refund if it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elemental-Designs-Nine-1_W0QQitemZ200188061139QQihZ010QQcate goryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
does elemental designs make quality amps? sorry if its a dumb question i just haven't heard about them before

Gold Member

Post Number: 5094
they're good.

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 98
If you don't have the cash just hunt up a used on ebay for 1/3 of new or so.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 649
Check this out, tell us what you think.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?products_id=372

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
ive been looking at all the suggestions u guys have been throwin my way and i really like these e.d. amps so i kno ill just have 2 up my budget a bit, i think im gunna go with the Nine.1 unless anyone has anything bad 2 say about them?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5636
ed makes solid amps. not top of the line, but very good budget amps, better than the ones you have been previously looked at.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5080
I would definety NOT spend $250 for an ED what you can get much better amp for $257

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150191168720&Category=64570&_ trksid=p3907.m29

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5637
true that kicker is better than ed, but he has dual 4ohm subs and that amp does rated at 2ohm.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5090
Oops my bad

http://cgi.ebay.com/KX1200-1-BRAND-NEW-WITH-CAPS-RETAIL-BOXED-NEW-KICKER_W0QQite mZ300185875631QQihZ020QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5641
now that's a nice amp^, wish i wouldn't have sold all of mine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
ed has a good warranty,so no probs

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1026
From what I've heard thats a swell amp it's also like $130 more than the E.D. which dismisses the budget part of this thread.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1474
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?products_id=372"

B-STOCK NINe.1 = $250!!!!!!!

Not that I disagree, as I have no real idea, but I would like to see proof that the eD is not on the same level as the KX1200.1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
so the ed amp is just as good as the mtx? cuz i found another one of those mtx's on ebay brand new for $260 Shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT%26item%3D 160194701067&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

i mean if quality is the issue do u guys think i should narrow it down to the nine1 and that mtx ^ and which one should i go with if i can get the mtx for 10 dollars more

Gold Member

Post Number: 5095
is superior than MTX in general

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
I got my kicker on ubid much cheaper than ebay was, but looks like the kickers are all bid up right now. It took me a while to get mine. Not to toss another log on, but some people really like pheonix gold amps too but I know nothing about them. Others say soundstreams are great budget amps...some do not agree with that. My kicker works good, techs say they are well built for the price range. They seem a lot like maxxsonics to me (like a hifonics). I'll get to look at a big planet audio here shortly and see how it is built. A used one went for 265 shipped think it was, it is 2400rms. I did look at a memphis class D the other day and they do have really good quality components inside like metal copacitors and all top brand transistors like IR. There are a couple used on ebay right now. I buy most of my amps used seems like a better deal to me I can get quality cheap that way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
but how long do your amps last for you when u buy them used?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5096
MTX is crap..... ED over them any day. And ED is not even anything special.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
I have only ever had a couple amps go bad on me in over 20yr of running them. Then again I am not stuffing 1Kw or more into subs either, and I install for good cooling. In fact the kicker I have now is one of the few amps I have bought new in my life and I have maybe...well a lot of amps here and have had many more. I got some cheap amps from a retail lot and most all of them were user inflicted or manufacturing defects that did not work. Very few actually had blown components inside. However, people push low ohm loads now and it is hard on them. I mean as low or lower than recommended, and run them hard. I only listen to music and don't keep it dialed for that long at a time. If the amp gets warm I put a fan on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
so the nine.1 is a better choice than the mtx 81001?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5103
quality wise yes

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1563
I can sling you a deal on a Sundown Audio SAE-1000D or RD 1000.1. Shoot me an email.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5111
^^^^ There ya go. I'd take either or those amps over a nine.1 any day.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 74
i just got in 2 alpine type R 40hm's as well and am going with a hifonics brutus 1606D mono amp and its going for around $230 or so

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1564
You also get a 2 year warranty :-)

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
what is the difference between those two sundown amps?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
oh and "][P ][ ][\/][ ][P" how does your system sound with the hifinoics?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5653
get the sundown sae 1000d.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
is that around my budget tho? cuz im only lookin to spend around 250 260 max?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5656
a little more, they go for $300 shipped. it'll be well worth it. or you could just go really cheap like you seem to want to do, and not get an amp of the quality of the sundown.

for me though, it'd be an easy choice. get the sundown.

Username: Oreos

Tallahassee, Florida USA

Post Number: 8
I would buy 2 kicker zx750.1 because those are 4ohm dvc subs then wire them at 2 ohm .On ebay those amps are 165 plus shipping so about $400.that will make you very happy.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 211
why would he get 2 amps that combined would be out of his price range when he can get 1 amp in price range?

Bronze Member

Tallahassee, Florida USA

Post Number: 25
Because i wont advise people to buy bad amps for bang for the buck and still have quailty with THOSE OHM DVC thats the only thing i recommend if i were him id buy one first then on one sub then ad a second when he can afford THOSE ARE MONO AMP SUBS

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 214
you can wire 2 subs to 1 terminal!!! its called wiring in series and parallel! dont recommend anything if you dont know what your talking about!

Bronze Member

Tallahassee, Florida USA

Post Number: 28
OK let him go buy that sundown peice of pooh you buddys selling you get what you pay for buddy and im an installer i know what im talking about id rather have to nice amps rather than one big piece of pooh

Bronze Member

Tallahassee, Florida USA

Post Number: 30
then he can join cal payne and his hyfonics disaster dont listen to this guy he will have your system sounding like a tin can

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 217
^^^LMAO sundown piece of pooh?????

wow ok now i know you dont know what the h3ll your talking about... sundown amps are high quality and very efficient amps. your an idiot!

and your an installer??? i wouldnt let you install my floor mats...

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1190
I think he words at Circuit City.. ehhh..

Sundown is quality stuff. End of story.

NINe.1 is still a viable option.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1191
works.. not words.**

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1200
Scratch the Circuit City info. I was thinking of someone else.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
I just bought an alpine 500wrms mono class d the other day for <$60, it works fine little rough on the edges is all nothing major. See what this one goes for 110215495388.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5635
" wow ok now i know you dont know what the h3ll your talking about... sundown amps are high quality and very efficient amps. your an idiot!

and your an installer??? i wouldnt let you install my floor mats... "

x1000 this guy is tool........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us