4ch Amp w/ DVC Sub (Wiring)

Username: D3m0n

Post Number: 1
Hey, I've got a 4ch Rockford amp and a Dual Voice Coil PG Sub to hook up. I was just wondering if you can bridge the amp to 2 channels then put each of those channels to it's own voice coil on the sub, or will that wreck it?

-Justin

Anonymous

Only if the subs coils are 4 ohms

Post Number: 3
It's a Titanium.. I'll see what it says they are...

PG's website says it's a 8/2 ohm woofer, any luck with that?

Anonymous

well then you will need to run the 2 coils on the 3rd and 4th channels.

Anonymous

wait no no I'm sorry yes you can do that fine that sub has 4ohm coils so yeah you can bridge the first and second channels and then the third and forth channels then you will be fine.

Post Number: 5
alright... and what would be the best way to go into the amp, it's got 2 RCA inputs and an RCA passthrough to go into another amp...

would I take splitters to the RCA and go into the ch1/2 input and the ch3/4 input at the same time,

or

would I go into the ch1/2 input then come out of the passthrough into the ch3/4 input?

Anonymous

I would use splitters they do the trick. you are going with the same set up I have right now. I'm just using splitters one with the 1/2 and the other with the 3/4 like you said. Mine have been like that for 8 months and no problems and sound great.

Post Number: 6
good deal thanks a lot man this was seriously keeping me up, that's exactly what I needed so I can sleep haha

Anonymous

lol good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us