Fiberglass enclosure

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1568
I started this a while back and I finally got time to start again. This is for my 6.5" typre r's. I'll just post the pics and describe the confusing ones

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1569
oops... no pics
basic frame
Upload
Upload
Upload
side shots
Upload
Upload
with felt added
(I read in CA&E to put the wood circle on top of the speaker ring to hold the felt on after it has been stretched across... It worked good)
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Panels with first coat of resin
Upload
Upload
Upload
Gonna do some more work on them later today after Christmas with the family.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16408
coming out nicely. can't wait to see the finished product.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1571
thanks man. Its my first fiberglass project so I'm learning as I go. Anyone have any hints?

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

Support Zac Davis!, North carolina

Post Number: 696
hmmm. looks good but i've never seen anyone use felt. fleece will leave less folds to have to sand out later. but with felt it looks like you will have alot of sanding to do.
looks good anyway.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1573
yeah there is going to be a LOT of sanding to do... I went out a few mins ago and started workin on it but its too cold for the resin to harden so I will have to wait untill I can get in our shop on Monday, but I should have them close to finsished Monday night.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3572
I would of wrapped the that mdf plate you have in tape and foil so that it pops out easier. I don't know if you took it off yet, but if its touching the fleece, it might be stuck on.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1588
its staying on. I'm using that to mount it onto the door. I dont want to make the enclosure permanent. It will screw on using the plate...

I got the fiberglass sanded and the first coat of body filler put on tonight. I need one more coat of body filler for the low spots and then I will 80 and 180 it and it will be ready for primer. Should have the primer on them tomorrow.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1594
damn, it didnt bump

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1602
I applied the body filler last niight and sanded it tonight. Ready for primer (hopefully tomorrow)
Before sanding
Upload
Upload
Upload
After sanding
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 4030
biggest hint i can give is take you time

btw capps, i never used that LOC you sold me lmao

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1603
Yeah, Im defiantly taking my time. Seeing as I am painting it, ANY improfection will show as soon as the clear coat hits it...

You haven't?! You mean I paid that shipping and you havent used it. Punk... haha

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5686
glad those Rs are still doing good. and project is looking good.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16495
"I went out a few mins ago and started workin on it but its too cold for the resin to harden so I will have to wait untill I can get in our shop on Monday,"

working in the cold ftl. lol. thats one thing i love about southern cali. i can go outside wearing shorts to work on my install. even at night. lol.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1607
matt, they're alive and kickin or will be when I get this done. I appreciate the compliment.

yeah I could walk about 3ft out on my pond last night b/c it was frozen and tonight is colder... I love the cold weather though. Screw the beach. Give me a snowboard and a mountain w/ snow and Im thrilled. haha

Any other hints before I put the primer on it?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3582
I don't think so, once you put the primer on you can see imperfections and sand the primer down. So it looks good.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1609
yeah. after I add the primer I have to wet sand before we can actually spray the paint and I know that will fill in any really small pin holes but if there are low spots they will show like a b!tch.

Hope they get done tonight

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1617
Well the guy that has the gun didn't bring it so we couldnt spray primer tonight. He's bringing it Monday though so no more updates this weekend

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 392
ive never actually worked with fiberglass but had a friend that did and after body filler he used sum putty to make it even smoother idk if youd wanna look into that.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 393
otherwise high build primer works pretty well too

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1525
Ahhhh, snowboarding. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job. Looks nice.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 4032
lol id say il end up using it in the near future though
damn you beat me to finishing my FG fantasy lol
great job capps

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1621
The putty he used was probably called top coat. Thats what most people use over body filler to smooth it out. I could do that and if it was a big piece I would but with something this small, and the fact that it wont have rain/sun/rock etc. hitting it, the primer will do just fine.

Snowboarding is my favorite thing. I live about 8 hours away from where we go (Winter Place in WV) so I don't go but about 2-3 times a year but I love it.

Yeah I have another fiberglass/box build next that involves my 12" arsenal, a 15" TV and my PS2 but that will happen when I get this finished. Sorry Wreak. haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us