Resonant Engineering SX15

Username: Monoxidechild

Post Number: 5
Hey, Ive got kind of a dumb question, but.. I ordered a dual 2ohm 15 inch SX RE sub, and Ive got a 2 Ohm RF1001bd amp.. can I power the sub with the one amp I have at 2OHMs? Or do i need another amp to successfully power it at 2ohms impedance? Also, does anyone have any recommendations on box sizes, etc.?

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 42
Check this out plug in your info and it will tell you:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 43
I should have said more that link will show you the wiring options with your sub and how many ohms it will place on your amp, you need to know if your amp is stable at 2 ohms, 1 ohm, etc. As far as the box measurement I have no idea maybe there is a calculator out there for that or maybe one of the more experienced folks can help with that question.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 595
dont try to wire it paralell, your amp will overload and periodically shut down for no apparant reason. get a hifonics brutus BX1000D, it iwll deliver 1000w rms at 1 ohm, then you'll be safe to wire the sub VC's in paralell

otherwise, you'll be stuck with 500w rms at 4 ohms

Post Number: 6
Thanks guys. lol.. Wasnt sure about that one, but Im still not sure what impedance I ordered the sub. I think they actually all come in dual 4 ohms, unless you say otherwise. If thats the case, then ill be all set to power it with the 1001bd at 2 ohms?

Post Number: 7
Does anyone have recommendations for an enclosure for this sub? I wanna go ported, and have it hit high SPL. Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us