Car stereo clock problems

JPII
Unregistered guest
I recently put in a durabrand AM FM CD player in my car. When I turn off the ignition the memory for my clock will not keep; however the station memory is fine.

Username: Rvaldivia

Bozeman, MT USA

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem, It seems to be that if I turn off the ignition and wait about 1 minute the clock shows 3 or 4 minutes more. I have the Durabrand AM/FM CD. Any help would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I too have this exact issue! I even purchased the wiring harness for my vehicle to help this issue and it did not.

Any clues or just a bad product?

Unregistered guest
i have a 91 toyota corolla. every once in a while the right rear speaker squeels. well, this morning, it started to squeal and i hit the dashboard (i was mad!). now, everytime i touch the breaks, it squeals. the only way it stops is if i turn off the stereo. any thoughts?

rkhanso
Unregistered guest
I had a durabrand am/fm/cassette player that wouldn't keep the time. I took it back to walmart 3 times. all of them did the same thing. I switched to a different model (cd/mp3) and the clock keeps time.

I believe it was a design flaw they won't admit. I had 3 decks do the same thing.

Unregistered guest
Mine is doing this as well...any solution yet?

Unregistered guest
I have had 2 different durabrand car cd/am/fm stereos and both have had the removable face plate, but when you take it off, the system stops working, and I have to get a new one, any idea why these are junk???

Unregistered guest
I have had 2 different durabrand car cd/am/fm stereos and both have had the removable face plate, but when you take it off, the system stops working, and I have to get a new one, any idea why these are junk???

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 827
it might have something to do with the fact that Durabrand is Wal-Mart's brand. they are not built with quality in mind. they make them to make a buc, that is all. try to find another brand of CD player.:-)

Pioneer has excellent CD players.
you could also try Alpine.

IMPRESSED
Unregistered guest
I have a friend that has the "Durabrand" DB-1200 AM-FM, disc player, radio in his car and I am very impressed with it to say the least... A very fine unit for $ 50. I would recommend it to anyone. I still cannot believe you can get this quality for $ 50.... he had to take me to Wal mart to show me.....Name brands, forget it!!!!!

Username: Shields0902

Lapeer, MI USA

Post Number: 1
I will tell you that I have a Durabrand AM/FM/CD player with detachable face plate and I have the same problem with the clock. I like the sound quality I get from the reciver but the clock problem really bothers me. I have to keep a separtae clock in my SUV just to know the time. I have used this player in 2 different cars and had 2 different ppl install for me and syill the same thing with the time. IT SUCKS! HELP!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us