Bass Shakers and wiring issues

Username: Propergee

Modesto, CA

Post Number: 6
I have a pair of Kicker Comp10's - SVC 4Ohm. I found some cool little Bass Shakers online for 30 a pair. Can I just hook up the Bass Shakers with my other subs and forget about buying a small, seperate amp? Can I hook up a Shaker and a Comp10 inline with each other and run both on a single channel? That way I'd have a Shaker and Comp10 on each channel. That'll be a 25w rms 4Ohm shaker and a 125w rms 4Ohm Comp10 on a single channel coming off a Rockford 451s which says 115w RMS on 4Ohms and 225w rms over 2Ohm. I realize the 451s will push more than 125 and 225. Is this too much power for my setup?

If I wire up the shaker and comp10 on a single channel it will make them both 2Ohm , correct? So i guess they'll get the 225w from the amp.

ANYWAY... my question is - will the power be seperated correctly to each, i.e. the shaker gets it's 50 and the comp10 gets its 250 OR will they both get half of the amp's power (112.5 a piece)?

I'm worried because even though they are both 4 Ohm, the Shakers have a max of 50watts and the Comp10's have a max of 225watts over 4Ohm.

If I connect these two up to the same channel will they both get exactly half of the power or is there a way to have the Comp10 get more power than the 50watt Shakers?

Are Bass Shakers worth it? They're only $30... :-)

How should I wire it all up - seperate amps? inline wiring?

ANY help will be much appreciated - I want to make my passengers experience something different than a typical sub'd up car. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us