Need help on wiring options for dual 2 ohm subs!!!!!!!!! urgent

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 180
will this work, i got two dual 2 ohm subs, and 2 amps that is only stable down to 2 ohms, im tryin to fig out a way to use both amps for the subs so they still put out the 2 ohm rated voltage any help???Upload

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 735
looks to me like you would be getting both amps down to 1 ohm
but i really wouldnt trust my word
wait for some more opinions
but one thing you would want to set the gains on each amp exactly the same

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4963
First of all, you would want to wire both coils of one sub to one amp and both coils of the other sub to the other amp.

Secondly, what you are tying to do will not work. What you have there is a 1 ohm load at each amp. You can't wire a dual 2 sub to 2 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 787
Great advice, MS is spot on as usual.

What amps are you using.

Maybe they are 2ohm stable 2 channel amps?

If so, you would run each sub in series. Then each amp will "see" a 4ohm ohm mono load,
(the amp is actually seeing a 2ohm load when bridged at 4ohm, sounds weird but each channel "shares" the load when bridged)

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 181
subs- 2 dual 2 ohm L7 15's
amps- 2 ZX1000.1's, it was a christmas present from my dad, he didnt know with those amps i would need dual 4 ohm so i could wire each down to 2 ohms

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 792
Man that sucks.

This is bad advice but run those amps at 1ohm each.
They have great protection circuits so don't worry.
With impedance rise you'll probably sit closer to 2 ohm anyways.

I think you'll be fine, just be nice to those amps on hot days and try not to play music with excessive low notes, (like 20-30hz).

Bad advice but you'll be fine, to be honest I'd be more concerned about those amps having to much power for the L5's haha.

Keep your nose workin when blastin it, be ready ta hit that pause button if you smell coils :D

Post some pics when you get a chance, sounds like a cool system.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1758
reading>Zac lol he has L7s bud not L5's

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 182
haha^^ same difference still crappy subs, lol yea zac i think i talked to you about gettin some DD's if your the guy that rob told me to talk to, but i was lik 90% sure my dad was gettin me a 9515G and i was gonna get a DDM3 for it, but he went to the kicker store here and was talkin to the guy and the guy convinced him these subs was better that those WTF!!! lol so yea he got those instead, he has no idea about those, but yea the car is frickin sick i did as soon as the system is done imma do a build thread of a whole car lmao

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 796
Whoops :D haha

Still those Kx's are strong little suckers, be careful DMoney ;P

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4972
Since your dad bought you the gear, I'm guessing it may have come from a retail store? If so return the subs and get ones with the proper coils........

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 184
haha zac ZX's^^^ lol, but yea i know when i set my gains ill prob only realli set them for 900 @ 2 ohms, and watch my bass, but i gotta a ? when i set my gains and if i use the bass knob with the amp, be4 i set the gain if i plug it in and turn it all the way up then set the gain, would that let me turn the stuff down but when i turn it back up it doesn go past 900 watts?

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 186
no he came home then bought them off ebay, alot better price but this is the down side, 25% restockin fee plus 70 dollars shippin it back and 70 dollar shippin for the new ones here, so about 250 or so more dollars on this system even tho the subs are gonna blow in a couple of month
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us