Ideal target rms for high sq components sets

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 225
I would like to purchase some sq comps, but I also want them to be loud. I've noticed a lot of component sets around the $300 range are around 70rms, maybe 90. (CDT, focals, rainbows. etc.)

I originally wanted the diamand audio s600s comps because they were 170rms.

my question is, will comps like the cdt/focals still be able to get loud? or close to as loud as the diamond audio comps? i want the best sq but still loud.

ill be using a kicker zx amp, probably 150x2 or 205x2 rms @ 4ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 142
get the 205x2rms amp. eventhough u wont be able to hear a difference in the 2, but that amp will no doubt be able to power any components with ease

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
ok, but if im not going to notice a difference, why wouldnt i just get the cheaper amp?

but my main question, how much louder would the diamond audio s600s be in comparison to the focals, or cdts (in the $300) range? sq?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2255
well its all about the quality of the products reallly.. those 70 rms focals will probably scream

for example, these 70 watt rms JL's are arguably louder than my s600s on 170 rms

if you can give those focals/cdts CLEAN 70 rms, they will probably get loud. I can't say for sure, but I'm not sure they'll get louder than the s600s, but it could be close...

they have 4000 dollar comps that are 100 rms

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4949
Have you looked at the CDT HDs? They are around $300-350 and they can take ~200w rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
i was just looking at those. But i just realized something. How can i figure out the maximum speaker size for my car? mounting depth?

I have a 2003 civic coupe honda lx.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4954
Measure diameter of the speaker opening, and how much depth you have before you hit something in the door.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
ok. and im thinking about getting the rainbow cmx265 over the cdt hd, good call? or bad call?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4959
Those are both good...... listen to them and decide which one YOU personally like better.

Keep in mind that rainbow are usually big $ unless you get lucky and find a deal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
how am i supposed to listen to them?

the CDT hd are about 70 dollars cheaper than the rainbow cmx 265 kicks. (300 v. 370)

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4964
At a shop that carries them. But that may be a problem with the rainbows since they don't have a lot of dealers.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4965
I can personally say that the HDs are very good, since I run them

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3250
If you get the Hex silks, give them the power that they want.... 200 clean RMS. Most of the people here have never actually heard the Diamond's but I own them and they rule. In fact when I recently tore out all my gear for a total overhaul, those and one DLS amp were all I kept. Recommended them to many friends too and they couldn't be happier.

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
but... have you heard the rainbows and the cdt gold? i know the diamond audios are good, but what if the others are better? i dont want to have to upgrade my speakers again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us