Which is the better setup?

Bronze Member
Username: Glinkov

Post Number: 14
Ok, I finally found a car place that I like. They are offering me two options for the price I want to pay--one's JL (their idea) and the other is Infinity (my idea). I must choose between these two, so I need your help guys. BTW, I drive a honda accord 2000 coupe and am looking for sound clarity. The JL setup goes like this:

Front speakers- XR 650CSI
No back speakers(will run the stock ones off HU)
300/4 amp powering the fronts(75 watts each) and sub(bridged 150 watts) 12'' W3V2

On the other hand, the mostly Infinity setup is:

Front Speakers- Kappa Perfect 6.1
Back speakers- Kappa 692.5i
Basslink X
Alpine MRV-T320 amp (80 watts to each front speaker)
Again, the back speakers will run off HU

Which one should I choose? Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 24
they both sound like decent setups but i believe the JL will sound better bass wise

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 119
The sound of it is subjective, but I personally like the Perfects better than the XR. I recommend something like your Infinity setup, but a tad different. Ditch the back speakers. That'll give you a bit more money, you won't need them, anyway. Then, Get a 100x4 amp, like the JBL GTO 75.4. Bridge the rear channels (275+ watts)to power a sub, such as the Infinity Perfect 12.1, or the W3v2. That'll be very nice. Probably cheaper, too.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 161
Get a sub and you wont need to buy new component speakers!

Bronze Member
Username: Glinkov

Post Number: 17
Do you mean just a 12 inch sub for the back and stick with my stock speakers (which don't sound all that bad)?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 134
Just a sub with factory speakers will kill the stereo image. I'd still get components. Component speakers aren't for adding bass. The problem with stock speakers is they don't have tweeters and have a screechy high end. The midrange on them is not as accurate, either. Components are the most important, subs are for balancing out the sound. Come on, a sub handles from 20-100 hz, a narrow band saying components carry on from 100hz to 20khz.

Anonymous

id go with the intinitys. dont cop-out and just get a sub.you i were you id amp all all the speakers or you'll find your rears getting bussy cause they cant keep up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us