Suggestions

Username: Cdst4302

Post Number: 1
i'm looking to upgrade my subs a little bit but i'm not sure what to go with... i'm running two alpine type e's (4 ohm each) with a directed audio 800w mono block amp. What i'm looking for is something similar to those but better quality that way I can just leave my current setup as it is and just pop the new subs into the box. I also dont want to blow a hole in my pocket.
Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5592
what's the ratings of that amp and the size of the box you have now? budget also.

Post Number: 2
it runs 280 watts rms at 4 ohms and 380 watts rms at 2 ohms but i'm not entirely sure what it's running because i got it professionally installed. i can afford a couple hundred bucks. oh and on that note i was looking around crutchfield and i found some kenwood subs that have some good reviews: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=520&i=113W3011&tp=111
good or bad?

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1556
I would stay away from kenwood and crutchfield man. Not good quality on kenwood and anything is way too expensive through crutchfield

Post Number: 3
well i just looked at them because i could get 2 of them for $130 plus shipping. and if kenwood isnt good, what do you suggest?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5593
get a new amp.

Post Number: 4
because...

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5594
cause you want to upgrade from what you have now. either get a new amp now, or get a single sub you can run off that amp at 2ohm, then later add another sub and bigger/better amp.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 945
Because 380 watts just don't do it if you want some bump.

I would get at least a 500w amp and get a Type R. I have one and it does quite well.

Post Number: 5
its not so much that i want it to bump more, to be honest it hits quite hard. i'm more looking for a better quality of sound from my subs.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5596
type es' hit hard?

if wanting better sq (which i don't blame you, the e's suck), go with a single sub with that amp like i said. i'd get a single idq and port it low, about 28-31hz.

Post Number: 6
well im no car audio expert but for what they do, they're halfway decent in my book. so what single sub would you suggest?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5597
like i said, with that power i'd go with a single idq. and if staying with that amp, just go with the 15".

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2037

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2252
" i'd get a single idq and port it low, about 28-31hz."

Post Number: 7
just to be safe, how would the wiring go for that?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5599
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

go there and check the wiring diagram for single dual 4ohm vc sub. you'll want it wired to 2ohm.

Post Number: 8
alrighty, thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12639
buy a good 4 channel amp which will power a sub & a nice pair of components for ur front doors & ur good to go .....

Username: Buccaneersfan80

Post Number: 2
im looking into purchasing my first new system for my car and im stuck between what subs i should get as well as an amp, im looking at two 12 MTX Thunder 4500s or two 12 Alpine SWE-1242? and as far as amps ive been told alot of different things so im kinda confused if anyone has good advice for which of those subs are a better choice and whether or not a shouuld buy a kicker mono amp or an alpine mono amp id really appreciate it

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 950
Rob. We need a budget and what you want out of the stereo? SQ, SPL and so forth.

Username: Buccaneersfan80

Post Number: 3
budget wise im lookin 2 spend around 600, i already have a pioneer indash deck i havent put in my car yet im just trying 2 get some bass in my sound system, ive been lookig on crutchfield and i saw a ackage of the two mtx subs i mentioned before but im ne to this stuff so i just go by what my friends tell me is good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us